Taysom (2 Viewers)

Exactly. Payton puts exactly what he wants on film, and keeps arrows in his quiver for just the right time.
I don't buy the save the secret play theory because teams are playing to run most of the time. As long as his first read is covered, he has not shown the ability to go through a progression. With Drew still around there isn't time for him to be anything outside of an RPO QB, right now.

I don't buy the save the secret play theory because teams are playing to run most of the time. As long as his first read is covered, he has not shown the ability to go through a progression. With Drew still around there isn't time for him to be anything outside of an RPO QB, right now.

It's not really secret plays. It's what the defense gives Taysom. When they stop covering, he will pass it, but I'm guessing Payton has told him to not force anything.

It's not really secret plays. It's what the defense gives Taysom. When they stop covering, he will pass it, but I'm guessing Payton has told him to not force anything.
Possible, but it seems like if the first read isn't there he's gonna run. I just don't see him waiting for pass plays to develop. At this point, he doesn't look like a full-time QB, so we basically have 2 project guys waiting.

Sadly, he isn't being given RPO plays. The plays he's running are simply option plays. Their hey we're gonna run it, they know we're gonna run it, let's hope we can get lucky and break something. We really need to be in a situation where they think we are going to run it and we could do anything which we really haven't been doing.

Secondly, a big problem we have right now with Drew is despite his quick ability to read, our offensive line isn't giving him time to go through his progressions. By the time he finds the man open on the 3rd and 4th read, he's got a defender in his face if not sacking him.

I am (or was) somewhat perplexed as to his usage through the first 5 games. I was expecting to see him be used in a more traditional QB role as opposed to that of a gadget player. Of course, the lack of OTA's and preseason has thrown a monkey wrench into his progression (that's what I'm telling myself anyway).

He played QB in college, he's a quarterback. Big fast guys who can run and throw are the "in" thing right now. That's why we need Taysom to take a more serious role in the offense.

Right now the Saints can't stretch the field, and the quarterback can't escape pressure much less scramble for yards. It's just too easy for defenses. Imagine what our record would be right now without a few Madden plays from Kamara. Plays we can't rely on happening week in and week out.
I was curious why we were only scoring 10 points a game.

Taysom Hill should play the vast majority of QB snaps in a shotgun, empty backfield (5 Wide) set. He should launch a deep ball/jump ball at least once a game... it either goes for a huge gain, the WR draws a PI (for a huge gain), or it simply sails incomplete.... no matter what, it forces defenses to respect the deep shot when Taysom is back there... which in turn gets defenders playing deeper off of the LOS, and opens up running room should Taysom decide to take off and run. It’s a win/win/win

I think he is more effective with a traditional dropback with his scramble abilty if he cant find a read.
Taysom Hill should play the vast majority of QB snaps in a shotgun, empty backfield (5 Wide) set. He should launch a deep ball/jump ball at least once a game... it either goes for a huge gain, the WR draws a PI (for a huge gain), or it simply sails incomplete.... no matter what, it forces defenses to respect the deep shot when Taysom is back there... which in turn gets defenders playing deeper off of the LOS, and opens up running room should Taysom decide to take off and run. It’s a win/win/win
:plus-un: (y) :yes:...since i can't like more than once.

Payton has a plan. He is saving it for games down the road. Secret plan. Payton has it all devised and only using the formations shown while Taysom is in these early season games, as a setup...😂😂. Just you wait. It’s coming.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom