Taysom... (1 Viewer)

Dear Lord, please protect us from being laughing stocks of the league. Annoint Taysom with throwing ability that we havent seen thus far, and Sean the wisdom to yank him quickly, instead of resting on his ego...

Amen

It might be too early to tell after tomorrow, but I’ll say this much: we should be much closer to knowing whether the majority of analysts are correct when they say Taysom is not a pro-caliber starting quarterback, or Coach Payton’s judgment was on the money and Hill has the ability to lead this team into the future.

I’d honestly feel much more comfortable with Jameis but I am excited by Taysom too.

If it does go bad though, Payton can’t afford to wait to switch to Winston. The NFC South and the whole NFC is too competitive to lose games to ego.

I am happy he is getting the chance as we need to know what his ceiling is for next year. The unknown for me is how he will do in the passing game with his reads and accuracy. We know he can run and get chunks of yards but we will still need a decent passing game to keep the Falcons from crowding the line of scrimmage.
Good points, but one aspect of having Taysom at QB many are overlooking, is the Falcons will need to slow down their pressure of their rush, for fear Taysom escapes and could take it to the house. They will need to be calculated blitzes, without any reckless abandon. We’ll see. I think the Falcons are going to lay back early and try to confuse Taysom into throwing into coverage. Once they have him rattled, the blitzes will come.

Dear Lord, please protect us from being laughing stocks of the league. Annoint Taysom with throwing ability that we havent seen thus far, and Sean the wisdom to yank him quickly, instead of resting on his ego...

Amen
So Taysom is only getting the start over Jameis, because of Sean’s ego?

Again, get over it and just have patience. Sean will pull the plug if he sees it was not the right move.

So Taysom is only getting the start over Jameis, because of Sean’s ego?

Again, get over it and just have patience. Sean will pull the plug if he sees it was not the right move.

I don’t see it as an ego-driven decision to put Hill in ahead of Winston. I think there are an assortment of reasons why he’d start Hill ahead of Jameis (and vice versa, for that matter).

But now that decision has been made, I can definitely see Coach sticking with it for too long if it doesn’t work. Sticking to his convictions might be one of the reasons he’s a good coach but it’s also been a source of frustration for fans at one stage or another (see: lateral passes to Kamara 3 yards behind the LOS).

I don’t see it as an ego-driven decision to put Hill in ahead of Winston. I think there are an assortment of reasons why he’d start Hill ahead of Jameis (and vice versa, for that matter).

But now that decision has been made, I can definitely see Coach sticking with it for too long if it doesn’t work. Sticking to his convictions might be one of the reasons he’s a good coach but it’s also been a source of frustration for fans at one stage or another (see: lateral passes to Kamara 3 yards behind the LOS).

The more Twitter calls him stupid, the longer Taysom will be out there so that he can try to prove them wrong. Even if its horrible all day.

By the end of the game l believe that the dictionary will change the definition of masochistic to “ someone who reads the game day thread throughout the entire Saints game “

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom