Taysom's Future (2 Viewers)

Far be it from me to poop on people's dreams, but you have to figure Taysom knows the ship has sailed on him being a QB1 in the NFL right?

I think time has also shown that he's been more of a difference maker for the team when he's put in situations where he's able to use his athleticism to physically beat defenders.

Also, you can't have your backup QB out there running in between tackles, sprinting down the field on kick-offs and taking hits. Putting your QB2 in high risk injury situations is effectively having no backup plan if your starting QB goes out with an injury and it completely takes away Taysom's joker role in your game plan.
I don't think you watched Taysom's interview after the Seattle game. It was clear he was still interested in playing QB. As for being used everywhere to beat defenders, that is not happening. 90 percent of his success this year is at QB. And we already know what Taysom's role is as QB2. (QB2 kicks in the following week after injury).

His dead cap is not manageable until 2024. He’s here for at least one more year. I just wish we would insert this guy more into our gameplan. He’s too good and he’s making too much money to be on the sideline
Actually according to over the cap, we actually save $50,000 on the cap if we trade him early next year. Cutting him would cost $9,850,000 on our cap.

Taysom is a 32 year old fullback QB. Really good/neat player but I’d be surprised if he follows the typical QB career trajectory

The market is certainly trending towards dual-threat QBs like TH (Allen, Jackson, Hurts, Fields) but he had a decent shot and didn't make a ton of noise around it. He's also getting older so I'm not sure he's got a lot of opportunities left as QB1.

Either way, I'd take TH at 10M/year without thinking twice, no matter which position he's playing. That's a great player right there even if he's not used as QB1
His shot was compromised with a serious hand injury to his throwing hand. Yet he still has a good won-loss record. He hasn’t been given a shot when not injured. Now would be the time.

I don’t understand Pete’s reluctance to use Taysom as a pass catcher. If he’s 1on1 with a LB, have him run a slant or drag to use his speed to get seperation and gain yards. Or a TE screen. Anything to get the ball in his hands in space and let him break a tackle and get some RAC.
Well you see, the problem is we haven't been running slants with anyone, lol. Even in this winning game, I think we had one slant while I was watching. I wish we would run more of them with a lot more people, but for some reason they have dalton do everything to the edges. I don't really get it. The only somewhat middle field throws are zone curls and stuff. oh well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom