Taysom's Saturday night tweet (1 Viewer)

Taysom's tweet tonight....
We can’t control what life brings, we can only control how we respond to it. My journey to the NFL has had the highs, the lows and everything in between— and I’m grateful for all of it! #GiveThanks
He’s ready for this moment tomorrow. I’m so excited to see him realize his dream and see him be successful.

Pretty much everything TH7 has been to this point on the football field has been unprecedented in the modern era - the array of positions and ST functions puts him in a league of his own. If he actually plays the entire game tomorrow at QB, it makes not only tomorrow's start incredibly rare, if not completely unique at age 30 with this many seasons under his belt, but it also makes what he has already done to this point even more unique at the very same time. "A legitimate NFL starting QB has been a devastating gunner on kick coverage, has blocked three punts, and has taken a pitch sweep around the edge and trucked the safety who tried to tackle him." The craziest thing is, it's not even strange when he does it. We EXPECT it.

I have gone from never wanting Jameis Winston to suit up for the Saints to being quite impressed with his dedication to personal and professional development. I truly hope that he gets another chance to redeem himself and live up to the lofty potential his talent provides, because everyone deserves a second chance. As cool as it would be for his story of redemption to be written in a Saints uniform, if the rumors we have heard all week are accurate, we have to hope he gets that chance elsewhere because Taysom added another thrilling and successful chapter to his own unique career. By all accounts he's always been a good teammate, has worked extremely hard, and deserves success.

I am still sick that Drew is dealing with such an unfortunate injury after coming on strong as of late, in the course of a 6-game winning streak during what could be his final season, but man, if the backup(s) are going to line up under center tomorrow, you couldn't ask for a more compelling and intriguing storyline than this. I am about to jump through the roof!

Pretty much everything TH7 has been to this point on the football field has been unprecedented in the modern era - the array of positions and ST functions puts him in a league of his own. If he actually plays the entire game tomorrow at QB, it makes not only tomorrow's start incredibly rare, if not completely unique at age 30 with this many seasons under his belt, but it also makes what he has already done to this point even more unique at the very same time. "A legitimate NFL starting QB has been a devastating gunner on kick coverage, has blocked three punts, and has taken a pitch sweep around the edge and trucked the safety who tried to tackle him." The craziest thing is, it's not even strange when he does it. We EXPECT it.

I have gone from never wanting Jameis Winston to suit up for the Saints to being quite impressed with his dedication to personal and professional development. I truly hope that he gets another chance to redeem himself and live up to the lofty potential his talent provides, because everyone deserves a second chance. As cool as it would be for his story of redemption to be written in a Saints uniform, if the rumors we have heard all week are accurate, we have to hope he gets that chance elsewhere because Taysom added another thrilling and successful chapter to his own unique career. By all accounts he's always been a good teammate, has worked extremely hard, and deserves success.

I am still sick that Drew is dealing with such an unfortunate injury after coming on strong as of late, in the course of a 6-game winning streak during what could be his final season, but man, if the backup(s) are going to line up under center tomorrow, you couldn't ask for a more compelling and intriguing storyline than this. I am about to jump through the roof!

Excellent post. Pretty much sums up my own perspective.

As for being sick that Drew is dealing with misfortune with his injury, Drew is simply amazing. No question. But not just for his QB prowess. I read this tweet earlier....

... and I was thinking, that is absolutely horrible, but just makes Brees even more legendary to me. You can't get any tougher than Drew Brees has proven to be. I really hope people recognize that.

Awesome post bud ! I feel the same way !

“Taysom Hill drops back... launches one over the middle! ...anddd it’s CAUGHT by... wait a minute, what is going on... it’s TAYSOM HILL! IN THE END ZONE! TOUCHDOWN SAINTS!”

1606021104975.png

I would be satisfied if Taysom doesn't make stupid mistakes.....win a close game and don't worry about not throwing more than the bare minimum of throws....the Saints can win a close game....like last year's game against the Cowboys, when the Saints D took over the game and limit the Cowboys high flying O to under 13 points. The Saints D can replicate that performance.

.....remember....punting is not a weakness in this game....its a strength, actually.....

This is the craziest nonsense ever. In no realm...not even earth 22....would a guy with 0 starts, 12 passes and used on special teams start over a full fledged 5 year starter in this league.

Always wanted a dual threat QB, so let's see what we got.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom