Taysom's Saturday night tweet (1 Viewer)

This is the craziest nonsense ever. In no realm...not even earth 22....would a guy with 0 starts, 12 passes and used on special teams start over a full fledged 5 year starter in this league.

Always wanted a dual threat QB, so let's see what we got.
Context is everything.

But saying that, people can still draw any conclusion they choose. After all, I saw that someone wrote an article steadfastly stating this (Taysom start) was racism 🤔😨

Excellent post. Pretty much sums up my own perspective.

As for being sick that Drew is dealing with misfortune with his injury, Drew is simply amazing. No question. But not just for his QB prowess. I read this tweet earlier....

... and I was thinking, that is absolutely horrible, but just makes Brees even more legendary to me. You can't get any tougher than Drew Brees has proven to be. I really hope people recognize that.

Bobby Hebert had bruised ribs and said he was the first EVER QB, to wear a newly protective piece of equipment we all know; the flack jacket. Bobby said having bruised ribs, was the most painfully and awkwardly feeling injury, he ever had. They hurt when he would breath, when he would try to lay/sleep a certain way. But he said to sneeze, forget about it! He would hold off on sneezing by pinching the skin just below his nose and his mouth...😂.

I know what bruised ribs are all about and have felt Bobby’s pain. I fell perfectly on a football, diving and catching the ball, then landing on top of the ball. I experienced all of what Bobby said. The only thing the doctor could do for me, was to prescribe some pain meds and told me to wrap my torso as tight as I could stand it with some ace bandages! The thing that scared me was, the doctor told me I was lucky I did not rupture my spleen, as I could have bled to death, from internal hemorrhaging. I was only 15 when this happened and it scared the poop out of me.

Anyway, to comprehend what Drew is going thru at 41 years old, is really hard to imagine. 11 FRACTURED RIBS, WITH A PUNCTURED LUNG? He has to be one of the toughest SOB’s known to have played NFL football! And he did not get the 11 fractured ribs, on that sack by the Niners. He had some (many), prior to that sack. I think he suffered most of them, on a dive over the top of the LOS for the TD against the Chargers. He scored, but then fell off and back to his left, landing hard on his side/torso. It looked very awkward at the time and you could see he was feeling some pain from the fall. If that is when he fractured a majority of his ribs, I cannot believe he was able to continue to play the following games, leading up to and playing against the Niners. Simply unimaginable.

Last edited:
This is the craziest nonsense ever. In no realm...not even earth 22....would a guy with 0 starts, 12 passes and used on special teams start over a full fledged 5 year starter in this league.

Always wanted a dual threat QB, so let's see what we got.
Cast your thoughts aside, pull yourself together and be grateful the Saints coaching staff knows more about the situation than you do.

For whatever reason, Hill affords the Saints the better chance for success at this point! Next week and beyond? We’ll see. Stay tuned and hope for the best.

Cast your thoughts aside, pull yourself together and be grateful the Saints coaching staff knows more about the situation than you do.

For whatever reason, Hill affords the Saints the better chance for success at this point! Next week and beyond? We’ll see. Stay tuned and hope for the best.

I'm curious to see what he can do.

Context is everything.

But saying that, people can still draw any conclusion they choose. After all, I saw that someone wrote an article steadfastly stating this (Taysom start) was racism 🤔😨
Racism? Interesting. I guess that is all I have to say.

I'm curious to see what he can do.
But you prefaced that statement, with some sort of negative innuendo towards the coaching staff. At least that is my vibe.

Anyway, we shall see. But I will guarantee you this much! Payton is not playing around. Whatever QB he sees as giving him and the organization the best opportunity to win is going to start; period!

But you prefaced that statement, with some sort of negative innuendo towards the coaching staff. At least that is my vibe.

Anyway, we shall see. But I will guarantee you this much! Payton is not playing around. Whatever QB he sees as giving him and the organization the best opportunity to win is going to start; period!

So...not negative. Real. We have a 30 year nobody starting at full fledged QB, and you want positivity...please.

Just put him out there, since it's what many want, and let's see what the heck this is all about. That way we can put this nonsense to bed....and let a real QB take this team.

I would be satisfied if Taysom doesn't make stupid mistakes.....win a close game and don't worry about not throwing more than the bare minimum of throws....the Saints can win a close game....like last year's game against the Cowboys, when the Saints D took over the game and limit the Cowboys high flying O to under 13 points. The Saints D can replicate that performance.

.....remember....punting is not a weakness in this game....its a strength, actually.....

I'm hoping the Falcons stack the box and get beat deep. Then back off into a deep zone and get nailed by the run; rinse, and repeat.

I keep thinking of his TD pass to Kamara that was called back on a pointless holding call. Or his back shoulder fade to Thomas at the 5 yard line. Or the 55 yarder to Harris. He gets docked for his low completion percentage but those pundits don't take into account that Taysom is not called on to throw a check down for 8 yards. The passes he has been asked to throw have all been deeper and higher risk than average. They also neglect that those throws are cold off the bench without the benefit of any game time to loosen him up and get into a rhythm.

Sunday should answer so many questions one way or the other.

So...not negative. Real. We have a 30 year nobody starting at full fledged QB, and you want positivity...please.

Just put him out there, since it's what many want, and let's see what the heck this is all about. That way we can put this nonsense to bed....and let a real QB take this team.

One of us is going to have a hilarious time revisiting your post this afternoon. Hope I'm the one ROFLOL but I'll tip my hat if I'm not. We'll talk soon.

One of us is going to have a hilarious time revisiting your post this afternoon. Hope I'm the one ROFLOL but I'll tip my hat if I'm not. We'll talk soon.

I will be right there rolling with you, if Sean broke the code here and has trumped some of the smarter minds in this league who call this move dumb. Hell, we can all say Sean knew...we have a Coach that is smarter than all of yall....blah

I fear we will look as stupid as this looks on its face tho.

“Taysom Hill drops back... launches one over the middle! ...anddd it’s CAUGHT by... wait a minute, what is going on... it’s TAYSOM HILL! IN THE END ZONE! TOUCHDOWN SAINTS!”

1606021104975.png

As long as Taysom doesn't make the tackle on himself, I'm good. :hihi:

Dont be surprised if at the end of the day this was as stupid as it seems going in.
Well one of two things will happen. Taysom will go out and completely shirt the bed and the Who Dat nation will crucify him and Sean Payton for playing him or Taysom will play well enough or really shock us and they will call Sean "The Mastermind".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom