TB and the OLine (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was talking to a friend that played OL at the NFL level and he said he has heard a lot of complaints about the OL last week. He said blocking for TB is difficult because he retreats backwards instead of stepping into the pocket so he typically has DEs pushed into him. He needs to step up and throw and not throw off his back foot while retreating. I’ll be interested to watch for this on Sunday.

I definitely noticed him doing that on multiple occasions last week. On at least 1 sack he could’ve stepped up easily to avoid a sack. It was the play where he got sacked on back to back plays. The first one was unavoidable, but the 2nd sack he could’ve stepped up. Really hoping he realizes that and steps up more often.

I was talking to a friend that played OL at the NFL level and he said he has heard a lot of complaints about the OL last week. He said blocking for TB is difficult because he retreats backwards instead of stepping into the pocket so he typically has DEs pushed into him. He needs to step up and throw and not throw off his back foot while retreating. I’ll be interested to watch for this on Sunday.
Sounds like a recipe for sacks and INTs to me.

Huge difference between rams and Seahawks is rush will come from the edge. I like our chances to protect with clowney and ansah going against our tackles. We have some pretty good tackles. Controling the line will be key to the game. We control the line and we will win. Cant wait to see our new 280lb TE do some blocking.

I definitely noticed him doing that on multiple occasions last week. On at least 1 sack he could’ve stepped up easily to avoid a sack. It was the play where he got sacked on back to back plays. The first one was unavoidable, but the 2nd sack he could’ve stepped up. Really hoping he realizes that and steps up more often.

Ok. I haven't been a proponent of Teddy and I still don't think I am, but look at the actual film. I think we should be honest and fair in our evaluation of Teddy. If y'all see what y'all typed after watching this, then we are seeing things a lot differently. BTW, if you want to skip it all the first sack happened at 3:00 into the video. If you keep watching the second sack happens right after that. On the second sack, if Teddy steps up, there is no pocket and he probably loses a knee in the process. I must say after watching this Teddy was a lot more composed in the pocket than I thought. He really stood in there. The penalties and the rest of the O was the issue IMO.

And if you watch the entire video you will see Teddy stepping up into some rather narrow pockets and delivering passes.

Last edited:
Unless TB is a completely different player than we have seen, it is hard to be optimistic.

Seattle will, be starting Ziggy Ansah who has a history with Teddy from his Vikings days with several sacks.

Seattle will, be starting Ziggy Ansah who has a history with Teddy from his Vikings days with several sacks.

Ziggy's sacks against Teddy were 2.5 the first game of 2014, 0 the second (Vikings O line was bad that year & AD was out all year with injury), and one sack each in the 2015 games. So 4.5 sacks in 4 games, I wouldn't call that several.

And here he is throwing off his back foot with no accuracy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom