TCU Dan (4 Viewers)

Yeah, WRs have always been more of a crapshoot than most other positions in terms of the draft. It's interesting to see how well Jordan Jefferson is doing in the Vikes' offense. LSU seems to do a great job preparing their skill players for the NFL.

I actually called this one. JJ doesn't have the highest ceiling of the WR's drafted last year but he is one of the most NFL ready WRs I've ever seen coming out of college. He runs all the routes exceptionally well, he can line up in the slot or outside, incredibly consistent hands, and most importantly he knows where to be....all the time. Oh and like most LSU WR's he can block.....

Oh and Clemson's DC's (I'm sure after watching the LSU-OK game film) main goal in the 1st half was to try and blanket JJ....to risk leaving Chase (the Belintikoff winner) single covered. To me that is the ultimate sign of respect from a great coach.....I didn't think we would ever have a better tandem than Landry and Beckham but JJ and Chase I feel were better.

Well I know some routes like a slant and a crossing route. I know the comeback route and the go route. But the others escapes me.
All good! The more you see the routes, the easier you typically remember them.
What is a 3x1 or 2x2.
3x1 and 2x2 is how many eligible players are lined up on each side of the field. 3 on one side and 1 on the other, 2 on each side, ect.

I thought cover 0 was man. And, from rereading this thread, I now know why Carl Smith was a bad oc. He obviously never studied under Dan and deuce. Lol
That’s correct, Cover 0 is man coverage. It’s a blitz where there’s no safety help deep, each of the 5 eligible receivers are covered by 1 defender and the remaining 6 defenders are rushing the passer.

What about all the different coverages. Man, cover 2, cover z zone, cover 3 zone. Nickel and dime. High safety. My God there are so many. I thought I knew them all then you hear cover z zone. Dang

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom