TCU: Washington and Hughes (1 Viewer)

Rugger

Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone seen Terry Hughes and Daryl Washington play enough to give a break down of each and compare the two in reference to the Saint and their needs?

I have seen Hughes listed as an end and Washington as a OLBer, but beyond that I do not have any solid information about either of them. What are their strengths and weaknesses?

i initially had washington rated as a 3-4th round pick but after the senior bowl it is pretty clear that he is a solid first round pick at strongside linebacker.

my first round strongside guys are as follows:

sergio kindle
ricky sapp
daryl washington

washington is a great athlete with great speed and great coverage ability but he just isnt as strong at the point of attack as sapp and kindle.

i don't think that hughes can be an every down defensive end just yet but he is a great situational edge rusher. he and brandon graham have the best quickness of all d-linemen in the first round.

hughes would greatly improve our effectiveness i closing in and chasing down quarterbacks. hughes is very, very fast and used to be a running back before converting to D-line in 2008.

Washington is who I think the Saints should take. Very good player. Best athlete at the LB position in this draft and will be a fixture in your defense for a long time.

Jerry Hughes is the best pass rusher in this draft, and while teams will be leery of his size, the team that gets him in the 2nd round is getting an absolute steal.

I Love Jerry Hughes. Pass Rushing mosnter.

I also Love Ricky Sapp. He has Shawne Merriman potential......minus the knee ,foot,and Tila Tequila choking problems.

Daryl Washington. Good LB. Won't be a world beater , but will give you above average service.

Sergio Kindle. He worries me. He's a good pass-rusher , but it appears , atleast to me, that when it comes to everything else , he kinda holds off and lets his teammates do the dirty work. He's fine rushing the passer , but when it comes to tackling he kinda just hovers around and lets someone else do it. that worries me.

I'll take anybody at 32. I'd love Hughes, Graham,Sapp......i also like Cody....a lot

I have Washington projected as late 2nd round and the Saints 2nd round pick at #64. It might be wishful thinking after his Senior Bowl.

Washignton will make a good ILB for a 3-4 D somewhere; I actually have him going as the next ILB after McClain. Hughes reminds me of a young Swilling imo - he'd make a good 3-4 pass rusher. If it helps, to give you a stat comparision, check Jerry vs Norwood: Jerry had 28.5 sacks / 40.5 TFL at TCU; Norwood had 29 sacks / 55 TFL @ South Carolina.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom