TCUDan was right about TS (1 Viewer)

He's obviously hurt and I don't think anyone is opposed to him getting a shot at this point. However, people question when he can make difference with the long list of injuries we have on offense.
I don't know the answer to that either. I only think and my posts reflect that Taysom might have potential and he is too easily dismissed by his detractors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trevor is terrible. He looked good in the first couple games but once NFL defenses had film on our offense with him at the helm it's been all downhill since and he isn't talented enough to turn that around. You can also see the confidence he has lost in the last 3 weeks. When he first came in he had excellent command over the offense, now he is just a lump on the log and the whole team looks depressed.

So again... I'm not "arguing" against Sean Payton or second-guessing him, I'm giving an evaluation of TS... and look, I'd have given a similar one for Nick Foles at one point and he figured out how to win a Super Bowl.

Maybe TS can do the same?

Do you mean the same Nick Foles that played on a completely healthy Eagles team that probably had the best interior lines in the NFL that year?

Also I think it is just a bit unfair to compare what offense (healthy oline, Kamara, MT, Sanders, et al) TH had at his disposal and the offense that TS is having to try and run (none of those same guys really)....so I think that comparison is really not a valid one....

That said I totally agree on your points describing TS's shortcomings and I don't think he will ever be anything but a career backup....and I'm fully supportive of bringing TH on at QB when he is healthy....but I don't expect the same results as last year due to all of the injuries....we will see...

If he never stated, why did you just say he did?
That was my commentary to the poster I quoted and I never said Dan said that.

Look, Siemian is a third-string QB that should've been 10-11 with the only incomplete as a throw-away in the first half against the Falcons. There is no world whatsoever where that is two bad quarters.

That said, he's played like dung the last few weeks and I'm ready for a change.

Look guys, I'll be the first to say that 1) my critique of TS was grossly misunderstood, and the debate quickly devolved into emotion, not nuance;
I appreciate you coming back to the topic.

I'd like to understand your opinions on why you believe your critique was grossly misunderstood.

Also, I disagree that the ones actively engaging in the conversation with you were emotional. I'm not talking about the one-liners from some posters - I mean those of us having a dialogue with you. If there are examples where it came across that way, I'd like to see those too, especially from me, so that I can take another look and perhaps learn from it.

I appreciate you coming back to the topic.

I'd like to understand your opinions on why you believe your critique was grossly misunderstood.

Also, I disagree that the ones actively engaging in the conversation with you were emotional. I'm not talking about the one-liners from some posters - I mean those of us having a dialogue with you. If there are examples where it came across that way, I'd like to see those too, especially from me, so that I can take another look and perhaps learn from it.
I wasn’t emotional at all and most others questioning his post game hot take weren’t either. Dan got emotional when others disagreed with his blaming Trevor and thought the dropped passes were a bigger cause for that loss than the third string QB’s well know shortcomings.

It also seemed like the whole Taysom bias undercut him as well. Hopefully Taysom actually plays QB so Dan and the Stans can get their wish. If he does I hope he plays like Steve Young, but won’t be surprised if the crappy receiving corp and inconsistent OL make him look just as bad as Trevor. I hope that is not how it goes down, but I don’t see the offense getting much better this year.

Put a rookie in with this team’s talent and you just insure you don’t have a steal.
I want to see Book also, but with the injuries we have I don't think Payton would be confident putting a rookie signal call out there with a depleted offensive line and backups at the skill position.

He may see some snaps toward the end of the season if we are eliminated from the playoffs but I think Siemian is the best we have to offer in terms of experience and ability.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom