TE Foster Moreau visited Saints (Update: Foster Moreau stepping away from football after learning he has Hodgkins Lymphoma Cancer during Saints visit) (1 Viewer)

Everything happens for a reason, and his visit with the Saints became about more than just football. Best wishes to the young man!

So why does CGM give the medical staff such a hard time?

Credit to them for catching another life-threatening condition.

Maybe the dr’s on here can answer better but I imagine it might just be the difference between the staff doctors specialties.
Amoss is an internist, the issues that Thomas has referred to (and others for that matter) I think is more orthopedics.

Yeah heads rolled after the Delvin Breaux debacle. But just looking at the past two years I don't know if I'd say the medical staff has improved. Obviously there is no way to know how much of it is on them but good god man, back to back beyond the pale injury seasons. What is going on here?
I was at one point strongly considering going sports med. I was incredibly competitive and absolutely could have gone that route. But the Saints sports med situation absolutely ruined it for me. I couldn’t escape the thought of Sean Payton calling Breaux a malingerer and pressuring him through the media to get his lazy butt on the field. I knew that the Saints were missing the diagnosis, and I knew that Payton was an absolute fool. I asked myself, if I wouldn’t want to be the team doc of my favorite professional franchise, then is that the route I should go? My simple answer was no.

I keep track of injuries, and I honestly can’t say that the Saints have made any big mistakes recently. Sure…the Saints are often injured, but there is a lot that goes into that. Most professional teams have an analytics department assessing injury risk for incoming prospects and free agents, and there is a high priority placed on injury prevention programs through trainers. There appear to be issues on the Saints program but I can’t necessarily blame the doctors. The CGM issue was certainly not good but I’m not entirely convinced that the Saints medical staff did anything wrong. There’s probably a lot of blame to go around.

Just out of curiosity, as a free agent what does this mean insurance, treatment, payment wise?

Just out of curiosity, as a free agent what does this mean insurance, treatment, payment wise?
He's part of the NFLPA, so I'm pretty sure his treatment is covered by his medical insurance. Hate to put it this way, but Eric Berry would know far more than any of us would. He successfully completed his treatment for Hodgkins Lymphoma and came back for a few years after.

He's part of the NFLPA, so I'm pretty sure his treatment is covered by his medical insurance. Hate to put it this way, but Eric Berry would know far more than any of us would. He successfully completed his treatment for Hodgkins Lymphoma and came back for a few years after.
does that work the same way for free agents though, since they aren't under contract with any team.

I think berry was with the Chiefs when he was diagnosed

does that work the same way for free agents though, since they aren't under contract with any team.

I think berry was with the Chiefs when he was diagnosed

If it’s Hodgkin’s lymphoma, he probably had it active during the season with the Raiders. I mean, I guess the team lawyers could fight that plan but yes, I suspect insurance is through the players association.

Anyway, it’s really amazing to think that he played football at an NFL level with Hodgkins, so if he has a good response, there may be better days ahead for him.

It should be. The union wouldn't be good for much if they didn't take care of players if they were free agents.

Yeah, if he’s not retired, he still has union benefits. I’m sure they have reps to help with things like this, and if he’s not insured, the pre-existing condition clauses were eliminated with the 2010 affordable care act, so I’m sure he has enough money to join any federal submitted insurance on the exchange.

Or more likely, as he’s a recent free agent, and the season year just ended, he can qualify and self pay for post employment cobra.
While it’s pretty hard for normal people to figure out cobra paperwork, I bet he’s got an agent as well as NFL PA support staff that can give him a hand.

My other point about his story: This guy has likely had lymphoma for many, many months…. I imagine all of those symptoms like feeling, soreness, random bumps, waves of fatigue, etc. Are all part of the normal, NFL experience, and he likely just played through it

And he was playing at a pretty high level, (well, at least for fantasy football purposes 😉), so if he doesn’t have a bad complication from chemo, he might be a great investment for a 2024 comeback.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom