TE Foster Moreau visited Saints (Update: Foster Moreau stepping away from football after learning he has Hodgkins Lymphoma Cancer during Saints visit) (1 Viewer)

Pretty sure they found an issue with Nick Farley too but after he signed his contract, then they found out about Dorenbos the same way they found out about Foster during the physical.
And IIRC, they did the surgery on Dorenbos the same day they detected the aortic aneurysm.

It's scary to think that any of us could have cancer and not be aware of it. Props to the medical staff for catching it! I hope all goes well with his treatment.

On the other hand, I hope this means we'll take a TE early in the draft.
Correct 100%. I know many tough guys and tough gals who never go to the doctor unless they are sick. Go to the doctor every six months, get bloodwork done at least once a year. I know multiple people who caught things early because of doing things like this and people who died because they didn't get checked out.

I hope he makes a FULL recovery and props to the Saints medical staff. Football is nothing compared to this man and his life.

Pretty sure they found an issue with Nick Farley too but after he signed his contract, then they found out about Dorenbos the same way they found out about Foster during the physical.
You are correct, Fairley had a heart issue. Saints staff caught it.

Assuming he underwent a physical at his previous stop in Cincy, if I’m the Bengals I’m asking my medical staff some questions right about now.
Absolutely. Is the saints staff simply more thorough than other teams? Seems strange that these players would be playing with these conditions going undetected until they cross paths with the Saints.

You visit the Saints you better be ready for biopsies and everything else. They aren't just going to give you a typical once over, turn your head and cough physical. They might save your life!

Last edited:
Assuming he underwent a physical at his previous stop in Cincy, if I’m the Bengals I’m asking my medical staff some questions right about now.
Do the free agents get physicals at all of their visits? Or do they get them from the team they are agreeing to sign with.

I’d guess that someone recovering from a surgery or major injury would be checked by each team (like Brees’ shoulder). It would be interesting to know if our exam was more thorough or if it was the only one.

This medical staff can’t treat a broken fibula correctly (delvin breaux) but the seem to be pretty adept at the life threatening stuff. I’m starting to think all free agents should go get checked by them.
It’s a new staff. They fired the prior staff and clearly made it a priority to improve. Medically they have improved. Still a lot of work to go regarding injury prevention/training

In the future, every free agent should schedule a visit with the Saints... just to make sure they don't have some life-threatening condition.

It’s a new staff. They fired the prior staff and clearly made it a priority to improve. Medically they have improved. Still a lot of work to go regarding injury prevention/training
Yeah heads rolled after the Delvin Breaux debacle. But just looking at the past two years I don't know if I'd say the medical staff has improved. Obviously there is no way to know how much of it is on them but good god man, back to back beyond the pale injury seasons. What is going on here?

Yeah heads rolled after the Delvin Breaux debacle. But just looking at the past two years I don't know if I'd say the medical staff has improved. Obviously there is no way to know how much of it is on them but good god man, back to back beyond the pale injury seasons. What is going on here?
It's the bad food. F- in the player survey. Yeah, blew my mind, too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom