TE Foster Moreau visited Saints (Update: Foster Moreau stepping away from football after learning he has Hodgkins Lymphoma Cancer during Saints visit) (1 Viewer)

If we can get him at the right price it would be a great signing. Still has upside and would compliment Johnson. In addition, it would probably eliminate a need/want during the draft!

Maybe, but I think this would just take Vannett's roster spot. TE can be a slow-developing position and I'm sure Trautman would be cheap to re-sign as a #3 blocking TE.
Vannett’s been gone since November and Krull took over as TE3 from the gameday PS promotion.

Trautman would become the default #3 TE but he still may have to battle for it with Krull. We didn’t use 3 listed TEs much at all last year. Might not make sense to keep Trautman past preseason while 2 other TEs gets all snaps, besides extra short yardage snaps for blocking. Krull or an extra OL can be used for that limited role. Taysom occasionally gets TE snaps too.

I love this. We haven’t had a great TE in a long time. Juwan played better last year and I’ve likes his progression plus he seems like a guy who wants to be w/ us but I said if we can get another TE to go w/ him I don’t think we’ll need another WR as much. Still good to get one b/c we don’t know if MT is gonna hold up but if we don’t and we sign Foster, it wouldn’t be as important b/c we have TEs to catch the ball.

Then we can go after DE/DT in the draft. Maybe even get a LB since we lost Ellis. Then some help on the OL and a RB. (These five positions are the need).

Guess this is goodbye Trautman
Going from TE1 to possibly TE3 within a year, while two other TEs will get majority of snaps as better receivers. Plus he wasn’t Allen’s draft pick. A late round pick/undrafted rook or later vet FA can be a cheaper TE3.

I don’t remember him being all that good at LSU. Did he get better in the NFL?

Getting Moreau should NOT affect the ability to get another TE at all. Juwan can easily be a Boo Williams and Moreau has proven to be a second TE. This is a great TE class. You have to take what the draft gives you
Agree.

I also think this is the latest example of us zigging while others are zagging. It’s a great TE and RB draft, which means there is likely value in those positions in FA. May as well explore every option there.

Agree.

I also think this is the latest example of us zigging while others are zagging. It’s a great TE and RB draft, which means there is likely value in those positions in FA. May as well explore every option there.
It is a good point. It was the same story at RB. We got a heck of a bargain with Williams because the number of available FA RBs along with a strong RB class.

Vannett’s been gone since November and Krull took over as TE3 from the gameday PS promotion.

Trautman would become the default #3 TE but he still may have to battle for it with Krull. We didn’t use 3 listed TEs much at all last year. Might not make sense to keep Trautman past preseason while 2 other TEs gets all snaps, besides extra short yardage snaps for blocking. Krull or an extra OL can be used for that limited role. Taysom occasionally gets TE snaps too.
Vannett was playing significant snaps in December and January. Krull played 11 snaps in one game in December.

I'm an idiot n/m.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom