TE Foster Moreau visited Saints (Update: Foster Moreau stepping away from football after learning he has Hodgkins Lymphoma Cancer during Saints visit) (2 Viewers)

Yeah, we’d likely lose one of the sixths. I say no big deal as long as our two 4ths remain

We still have several players out there that may also get deals but a 6th isn’t stopping me from signing a guy like Foster. He’s an all around TE and is basically Troutman but more established.

Face palming myself sorry. I don't really put Krull in the equation though.
Not a factor right now, at least. But could be in camp since he was brought back on a futures deal.

If Moreau’s signed, I’d say Trautman’s roster spot is 50/50. Makes sense to let him play out the final year of his rook contract and utilize the depth for one more season. But more TE investments this offseason will change that.

I don’t remember him being all that good at LSU. Did he get better in the NFL?
He played with a very pedestrian QB at LSU and on a team that seemed to mostly just run the ball

Wouldn't invest much is Moreau. He is not really a difference maker, but more of a decent backup type. Draft is very deep at TE as well.
10/4 Also, $10mm / 3 Not $21mm / 3

Last edited:
Moreau suffered a season ending knee injury in the 2020-2021 season, and he hasn’t been the same since returning. Raiders fans wanted to believe he could get it back, but he never did since the knee…

Whenever he signs, he’s a gamble entering a make-or-break season.

Moreau suffered a season ending knee injury in the 2020-2021 season, and he hasn’t been the same since returning. Raiders fans wanted to believe he could get it back, but he never did since the knee…

Whenever he signs, he’s a gamble entering a make-or-break season.

He bounced back relatively well in 2021 and 2022, recording (near average) 400 yards receiving back to back seasons as a #2 TE. His chemistry with Carr can pay off a lot in our offense. If we can get Moreau on a reasonable two year deal, I think we’ll have good depth while Juwan keeps ascending as an established TE1.

He bounced back relatively well in 2021 and 2022, recording (near average) 400 yards receiving back to back seasons as a #2 TE. His chemistry with Carr can pay off a lot in our offense. If we can get Moreau on a reasonable two year deal, I think we’ll have good depth while Juwan keeps ascending as an established TE1.
Moreau was at his best when he was the complimentary counterpart to a top-notch receiving TE opposite him in Waller..and healthy.

If JJ can be the next Waller, then count me in!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom