TE Foster Moreau visited Saints (Update: Foster Moreau stepping away from football after learning he has Hodgkins Lymphoma Cancer during Saints visit) (1 Viewer)

The Saints have been a very deliberate team when it comes to these things. Usually if they get a guy in the building, they get something done with them at some point.

To me Juwan is The Guy this year, it’s his year to establish himself big time after a great season last year. foster coming in is huge because we simply do not have that depth there. I, like many fans have been patient with Trautman but maybe we should ship him to Denver.

There is so much to be said about Carr and his guy they’re wanting to come here.

We are pretty quickly to say he wasn’t that good but I guarantee he’s better than the fish man!

Getting Moreau should NOT affect the ability to get another TE at all. Juwan can easily be a Boo Williams and Moreau has proven to be a second TE. This is a great TE class. You have to take what the draft gives you
Boo Williams wish he was Juwan Johnson.

I keep reading on the internet about Moreau being a poor run blocker, but a good pass blocker. Maybe the new TE coach Clancy Barone can get him to be a better all around player.

As some of you sad, it all depends on the deal.

I really would like a TE early on this brilliant class.

I’ll use those funds to sign a possession receiver, either a big target or a polished route runner like Landry.

I'm not usually a fan or in favor of bringing a player here just because he played for LSU......BUT......Moreau can play, he was criminally underutilized in college (as were most players when Les Miles was here) and he has been solid in the NFL, really good blocker as well....

We want Carr to hit the ground running as best as possible. If FM is that piece the im in favor. Is RAS a legit metric? If so, then it’s a slam dunk. Lol. We only have enough cap space to sign a couple more role players so we need to be selective. It would be great to get lucky in the draft and hit on some immediate contributors. I’m thinking depending how the draft goes, we could pick up in immediate impact DL @29 with either of Clemson’s Dt Bressee or DE with Miles Murphy. CBS sports‘ new mock draft post JW and the two DTs, has us taking Flowers (WR) Boston College. Smallish at 5-10. Id prefer a bigger target.

Last edited:
Credit to Ross Jackson (Locked on Saints) for calling this move a week or so ago. Makes too much sense.

Position of need: check
Ascending player: check
Ties to Louisiana: check
Chemistry with newly signed QB: check

Honestly, how could we NOT at least pursue this guy?

Really impressed with Saints off-season so far.

Last edited:
You just described Shaheed. He's our WR3/STer. We need to be looking for a replacement for Callaway as our new possession WR to develop behind MT. Ideally a mid-round pick level of investment.
Harty is a better punt returner

Credit to Ross Jackson for calling this move a week or so ago. Makes too much sense.

Position of need: check
Ascending player: check
Ties to Louisiana: check
Chemistry with newly signed QB: check

Honestly, how could we NOT at least pursue this guy?

Really impressed with Saints off-season so far.
I have been VERY critical of our coaching staff. My thoughts on them are very well documented. I’ll say this though, I’ll give credit where it’s due. For everything that has gone wrong I feel like this combo of coaching staff and front office has been, if nothing, honest of the state of the team at least when it comes to need. How many times over the years, and Payton was great, did we as fans see an obvious need that went unchecked year after year only to rev up his head and bite us time after time. I will say this, while I haven’t agreed with all the moves, more last year than this, they have identified weaknesses and gotten players to address those needs. There’s not many positions I’d say are blatantly bare that they have not at least attempted to correct. LB right now sticks out but it’s early still and that may change.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom