TE Jeremy Shockey checking out New Orleans area real estate?(MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Part of the problem with last season's DB play was that the safety positions didn't play well. Roman Harper was a part of that problem. He was injured in his first season, and didn't make an impact in his second. I say trade him for Shockey, who's an ex-Payton protege', and will straighten up his act for Sean Payton. Payton brought him in at New York, and was his mentor there. Also, the West Coast offense relies heavily on the TE, and we haven't had a decent TE in who knows when. I say go for it.

Saints still interest in Shockey: The Saints will push to see if they can get Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey Friday. But they won't be willing to part with safety Roman Harper to make the deal work. The Giants are looking for a safety. Sean Payton knows Shockey from his days with the Giants and knows how valuable he will be in their offense.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=clayton_john

It might get done as soon as tomorrow.

I wonder if I am the ONLY SR member to be "watching" Rookie Football Cards on eBay of Jeramy Shockey??
I would LOVE to add a couple to my Saints collection. I don't know which jersey he looks worse in. The ones of him from the "U", or his ugly Giants jersey... :)
Sign 'em Mick!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom