TE Jeremy Shockey checking out New Orleans area real estate?(MERGED) (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
It’s no shock now that the rumors are flowing of a possible Shockey trade. There are strong indications a draft day deal involving the New Orleans second round pick and third-year safety Roman Harper for Shockey will go through, although both teams are denying it at the moment. Shockey has even been rumored to say that he’s looking forward to being on the Saints, and has started to put interest on real estate in the region.

http://www.newerascouting.com/home/291-stretching-the-field-one-man-island/#more-291

Not sure how reliable these guys are but they seem to believe that the Shockey trade is just a formality at this point.

I was going to post this earlier as a thread, but decided to stick it in a existing thread (a few threads down below)...

We shall see about these Shockey rumors, soon enough! I hope we acquire him though, cause he would be a big boost to the O.

Great - we give up our best safety in order to secure an offensive player that is not a huge need.

It sure is a one-step forward, one-step backward kind of approach these days, isn't it....

I hope he'd like to live in Mandeville. I can cut him a good deal on a house right now.

I'd like the trade. I thought Shockey should have been our pick when we got Stallworth in that draft.

I am not to happy if its for pick 40 and Harper but I'd get over it. We havent really done well in round 2 in recent years and while Harper is promising, he is certainly not unreplaceable.

If Shockey could come in back in form, he could be the final piece of possibly the best offense in the conference. He would open up so much for guys like Colston and Bush, not to mention his superb run blocking ability.

Does schockey irritate the heck out of anybody but me? I know he is good and guess I would have to root for him as a saint. But I just wish it wouldn't come to that.

I would think we would trade Bullocks. No way they trade Harper now. I say it is Bullocks and our safeties will be Harper and Kasevahorn. Bullocks makes too many mental errors and from what I hear Harper is a very sharp player. That's why he started as a rookie. I could see the Giants interested in Bullocks because he has all the measurables that GM's look for as far as speed and such. Also, because of his brother playing in the league, Bullocks is more known around the league than Harper. Harper has only played one year in the league. You do not let your best tight end and possibly reciever go for what is basically a one year starter. Hopefully Mickey is telling the Giants how great Bullocks has been for us and how he is on the cusp of having a breakout year. We would regret letting Harper go but I would not even blink if Bullocks left. Finally, if J.R. from the WWE said it is going to happen then I believe it. J.R. got it straight from Shockey's mouth because they are friends both being from Oklahoma.

Harper is VERY over rated here on this board. He has played horrible, and only had a couple of games where you could call him even close to average.

Guys relax, were are going to get Shockey, AND we're not going to lose Harper. Our secret weapon is Jeremy himself, He wants to be a Saint, and he known that the he controls the trade negotiations, because he can ensure the Giants total choas in the locker room if he isn't traded, and he can scare other teams away from the trade negotiations by threatening contract re-negotiations.

The Saints will not have to give up Harper, but we will give our '08 3rd and '09 2nd. It will just play out until draft day.

Just relax & say Wus haaaaaaaaaa!

J-Shock will lead the League in TE stats when he become Brees' Go to Guy.

Wow giving up our second and a starter for a TE. Remember last year our 1st round pick #27 is 15 picks before our second #40. Think about the talent we can get at #40. This year #10 is 17 picks before last years #27. Giving the #40 pick is like giving them harper and another starter. I would rather draft a TE then get thin in the secondary unless some CB on our teams becomes a safety maybe U.young?

So are we gonna try to trade down then and take safety Kenny Phillips and recoup our second rounder?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom