TE Jeremy Shockey checking out New Orleans area real estate?(MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Harper is VERY over rated here on this board. He has played horrible, and only had a couple of games where you could call him even close to average.

not true at all..

If Shockey trade ends up happening

If we trade a 2nd round pick and Harper this year for Shockey, that must drastically change the draft strategy. As much of a need there is for the secondary and DT, where would you see us drafting in 1st and 3rd rounds? I could see us going for DT in first round, and if Dorsey and Ellis are gone, possibly trading down a few spots and taking Balmer from UNC, then taking a CB or possibly a S in round 3. With the addition of two veteran corners, is it possible the staff wants one of these to start or Usama come in immediately? Your thoughts?

Harper is VERY over rated here on this board. He has played horrible, and only had a couple of games where you could call him even close to average.

I like Harper, do not want to lose him, but I do agree that he is WAY overrated on this board. You would think he is a two time pro bowler the way some people talk. I hope we keep him and still get Shockey though.

i just can't see us trading Harper.....we have too many secondary problems to trade our best safety...we might include a player but it won't be Harper IMO

Bullocks MAY be just as good or even better at SS than Harper was. It doesn't look like he was made for FS. I'd rather it be at most a 3rd if we are giving up a starter.

Where does it say it MUST be a 2nd this year?

I really don't believe that Harper will be involved in the trade for Shockey. That's just wishful thinking on the Giants part.

That's just false. He played lights out his first 4 games. Got injured and came back with horrible CB's and no pass rush. What is the guy supposed to do? He's great in the box and a very above average tackler.

I hope the Giants think he is way over rated also. Although I do not believe the Saints have any intentions of trading Roman. Safety is a very tough position to tell if he was blowing coverages or Bullocks. Harper may have been covering for Bullocks missed assignments. So when you saw or see him in the replay's he looks like he is getting burned badly but really it was not his job in the first place. Shockey would be the first real TE this team has had since Hobby Brenner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom