TE snaps vs Rams. Hill 58, Phillps 30, Fleener 18 (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Unless the NFL stat keeper cant tell one Saints TE from another this is the TE use vs the Rams out of 73 plays. Hill 58, Fleener 18, Phillps 30. Even more amazing vs that Hill led the Saints with 27 ST snaps.

I can understand Hill playing more then Fleener, but Phillps getting more snaps. There was even a 3rd down play in the first half when the Saints were in 2 TE set with Phillps instead of Fleener in which he want for a pass and didnt run the best route.

Hill, now completely healthy, is having the breakout year we were hoping for last year.

Just very glad he's having it.

And we run the ball a lot, and Payton loves those heavy packages, and Fleener is the least good blocking TE.

I was a bit surprised at how little Fleener played as well.

Fleener actually had a really good game in limited snaps. We all saw the good catch he made, but I saw him in on a few key blocks as well

My initial thought when first seeing that Fleener only had 18 snaps.......he caught 4 passes on 4 targets for 59 yards, give the guy some more snaps.

Hill is starting to come into his own, we've been waiting for that and his development is starting to become noticeable. Fleener blocked well and made catches when on the field so I'd expect him to earn more snaps if he keeps being consistent.

I have no problem with Fleener's limited snaps if he continues to be that effective when he does play.

Hill though is starting to look the part of a legit starter. I believe PFF gave him the highest blocking grade for any TE this week, plus he had 6 catches for I believe 74 yards. Not bad.

since we talking TEs...

looks like Seattle is starting to fall into the same OC stagnation we did with a player like Graham.

They scored a whopping 5 pts total. Yet Graham was targeted like 10 times with 8 rec for over 100 yds with a crucial fumble.

TEs can really hamstring an offensive game plan. Heck one WR can do that.

For OUR offense to operate at 100% efficiency, is for Drew to move it around and get matchups he likes ( and make some incredible throws as well ).

Not singling out one WR or TE. We get in trouble when that happens.

When we get 6-8 different pass catchers involved in a game, we are highly competitive.

I always thought Hill had the size and athleticism - now hopefully the light bulb was switched on.

Remember when we were all ****** that we matched the Bears offer for Hill? Good thing Payton and Co. know a lot more about these guys than we do!

Remember when we were all ****** that we matched the Bears offer for Hill? Good thing Payton and Co. know a lot more about these guys than we do!

Doesn't sound like Payton knows more about Fleener than the fans in Indy knew.
They were dead on with his deficiencies, and we paid him $$.

On the other hand, I LOVE Hill's speed. He can fly with the ball in his hands.

props to Hill, I have never really been on his bandwagon

but the athleticism he showed on that 30+ yard screen play was really an eye opener for me

I look forward to seeing him become more of a steady weapon in this offense

Phillips for the most part was blocking really well. If you want to grade TEs you cant simply look at them as receivers.

We've been more successful with 3 WR sets and have been using Hill as a blocking TE i those scenarios...the offense just looks better that way.

Doesn't sound like Payton knows more about Fleener than the fans in Indy knew.
They were dead on with his deficiencies, and we paid him $$.

On the other hand, I LOVE Hill's speed. He can fly with the ball in his hands.

You don't think Payton was aware of his weaknesses? Payton I'm sure felt like he could correct some of the mechanical issues, and the system he has in place really favors a good receiving tight end.

Also, Fleener is on pace to tie his career high in receptions, and have the second highest career stats in catch percentage, touchdowns, and yardage. So I don't think that our expectations were met, but he's hitting his career averages pretty well, so it's not a total loss or anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom