Tea Party: Fox News is too Liberal (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A number of Tea Party activists are organizing a boycott of Fox News, claiming that the network "keeps turning to the left." This is the second boycott organized for this reason. Protesters say that an earlier two-day boycott took down 20 percent of Fox's regular viewership, which is impressive, even though it has yet to be proven...................

Tea Party boycotts Fox News for being too liberal

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
A horse having a wolf as a powerful and dangerous enemy lived in constant fear of his life. Being driven to desperation, it occured to him to seek a strong ally. Whereupon he approached a man, and offered an alliance, pointing out that the wolf was likewise an enemy of the man. The man accepted the partnership at once and offered to kill the wolf immediately, if his new partner would only co-operate by placing his greater speed at the man’s disposal. The horse ws willing, and allowed the man to place bridle and saddle upon him. The man mounted, hunted down the wolf, and killed him.

The horse, joyful and relieved, thanked the man, and said: ‘Now that our enemy is dead, remove your bridle and saddle and restore my freedom.’

Whereupon the man laughed loudly and replied, ‘The hell you say. Giddy-ap, Dobbin,’ and applied the spurs with a will.

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, the natural progression of the Tea Party to the Alex Jones school of thought is continuing. Interesting...

the-commish

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The problem with the rank and file tea party adherents is that, while they are in favor theoretical cuts to government spending, when asked for specifics, they are not so sure. Medicare? No, don't take my Medicare. Social Security? No. Defense spending? No, we need it to be safe. Cutting government spending is good, but it can't be done in theory.

As far as Faux News (I hate to call it news; its opinion or, in many cases, outright lies) is concerned, it sounds like a right wing fringe civil war to me.

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The problem with the rank and file tea party adherents is that, while they are in favor theoretical cuts to government spending, when asked for specifics, they are not so sure. Medicare? No, don't take my Medicare. Social Security? No. Defense spending? No, we need it to be safe. Cutting government spending is good, but it can't be done in theory.

As far as Faux News (I hate to call it news; its opinion or, in many cases, outright lies) is concerned, it sounds like a right wing fringe civil war to me.
Haven't you read the posts on this very forum?

They're going to control the deficit by eliminating the EPA, IRS (which makes 10x more money then it costs through it's audits), and FDA. That'll do it! :9:

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't you read the posts on this very forum?

They're going to control the deficit by eliminating the EPA, IRS (which makes 10x more money then it costs through it's audits), and FDA. That'll do it! :9:
And don't forget the NIH and NSF, as per the EE

Cosmic201

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

No, they're fine with cutting Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. As long as those cuts are on the undeserving. The undeserving being anyone other than themselves. Cut Social Security? Sure. For the people coming up. Not the people on it. Kick people off Medicare and Medicaid? No problem. If it's just the 'welfare queens' and such, not for people such as themselves.

thefredman63

Very Banned
Reaction score
Tea partyers(me included) have always been wary of Fox News and they are left of center...it does not surprise me one bit that progressives on this board bash Fox and the Tea Party. yall need a strawman to take away from your ruining of the country progressiveism is the number one evil facing our country, and the world..if you would have learned anything in your bastion of progressive learning-(AKA HIGHER EDUCATION) its that all who oppose progressive policies must be marginalized and mocked, and on cue, you have done so, so be proud of yourselves you have been duped and you willingly goosestep onward and for the money you paid for your "higher learning" you have willingly given up your mind for someone elses ideas ...hahahaha the joke is on you..YES WE CAN YES WE CAN :smilielol:

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The tea party is only relevant in state and local elections. Stuff like this makes them less so.

Meh.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

TEA Party member here. That's just totally false (except in election years. :hihi:)

I could make you a list of 15 major cuts that would save hundreds of billions per year without touching SS and Medicare. And yes, the Military is on the table, because there is waste and redundancy.

In a nutshell, I would send most of the bloated departments and programs down to the States where We The People have better control of them.

Sun Wukong

Worlds Deadliest Fighting Arts Champion and Master
Reaction score
At this point, I think anything other than the John Birch Society is "too liberal" for them.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
TEA Party member here. That's just totally false (except in election years. :hihi:)

I could make you a list of 15 major cuts that would save hundreds of billions per year without touching SS and Medicare. And yes, the Military is on the table, because there is waste and redundancy.

In a nutshell, I would send most of the bloated departments and programs down to the States where We The People have better control of them.
Ok. Go.

15 cuts. Save at least 400 B per year. Avoid anarchy in the streets and a revisiting of either The Jungle or Silent Spring.

Let's see what's on your mind.

Ken-Bob

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Your "we the people" and my "we the people" are probably different people. In a democracy, everyone gets a voice and the majority (quite often the supermajority) should get the louder voice.

As far as state and local government, do you really think you have more of a voice than with the federal government? At the state and local level there is a paucity of oversight, checks, and balances - allowing for a great deal of corruption. At least, at the federal level, there are watchdogs, some fairly well funded press, etc. Not so much at the municipal (the smaller the town, the worse it is - trust me on this one, I worked in municipal govt for 5 years).

But there is no free lunch and no-one, absolutely no-one, will get everything they want. It's all a trade off and "we the people" have to learn to take the bad with the good - because one person's pie is another person's poison.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)