Teacher Beheaded in France for Showing Class Picture of Muhammad (1 Viewer)

What could go wrong, letting in high numbers of religious zealots that aggressively and violently go against your nations historical Christian cluture.
or
Maybe im just racist....

Christian culture is not all that's cracked up to be, especially France's historical Christian culture.

Speaking of zealousness and violence, here in the U.S., we have individuals running over people with cars because the people are protesting police brutality, people getting stabbed/shot for gang initiations...

... but I guess it's just nature to like our brand of zealousness and violence and dislike others'.

Last edited:
Christian culture is not all that's cracked up to be, especially France's historical Christian culture.

Speaking of zealousness and violence, here in the U.S., we have individuals running over people with cars because the people are protesting police brutality, or getting stabbed/shot for gang initiations.

I guess it's just nature to like our brand of zealousness and violence and dislike others'.

Yep. So many deaths in the names of so many religions. Violence in the name of blind faith and zealotry is not owned by any particular religion or set of beliefs.

This is the Sky News story on this. Not sure how decapitation is a stabbing attack. ::covri:: And the odd thing is the first line says it was a decapitation. This is a classic case of burying the lede.

Did I say I didn’t believe it?
im trying to be media literate
When BNO was all over the early pandemic news, I was wondering who they were, too.

BNO is a Dutch wire service that started as an early attempt to create a strictly Twitter-based news-wire service back in 2007 (I don't think I had even heard of Twitter back then). In December 2009, MSNBC bought BNO's Twitter site and still owns and maintains it today -- so wherever you see a BNO tweet, it's essentially an MSNBC tweet.

The original owner of BNO then started a traditional wire service to compete with AP, UPI, Reuters, etc. MSNBC was the new BNO wire's first clients. Might have been part of the Twitter site purchase deal.

Speaking of zealousness and violence, here in the U.S., we have individuals running over people with cars because the people are protesting police brutality, people getting stabbed/shot for gang initiations...

... but I guess it's just nature to like our brand of zealousness and violence and dislike others'.

Unfortunately that goes both ways. You got conservatives who point the finger at Muslim extremism who won't acknowledge the acts of conservative extremists and you have liberals pointing fingers at conservative extremists who won't acknowledge it when liberal or Muslim extremism causes violence.

When forced into a corner it becomes a "which is worse" debate which is about as asinine a debate as there is

It's OK when we do it....

BNO is very reliable. Out of thousands of tweets I've seen from them, they have only had a couple that information either was incomplete or not true and each time it was from bad outside sources and they quickly retracted and updated. They are also very straight forward and to the point without biased commentary.

Which is why I will never be a fan or member of an organized religion....

Right there with you. Well, at least after I got kicked out of my Confirmation class when I was 14 with a note sent home to my parent's saying I wasn't ready to be Confirmed.

What could go wrong, letting in high numbers of religious zealots that aggressively and violently go against your nations historical ... cluture.
or
Maybe im just racist....
the indigenous population of North America - well, all of America - would agree with you
on both counts

BNO is very reliable. Out of thousands of tweets I've seen from them, they have only had a couple that information either was incomplete or not true and each time it was from bad outside sources and they quickly retracted and updated. They are also very straight forward and to the point without biased commentary.
Yeah it's not like the Babylon Bee or something. Now if you quoted them to make a point, that would be embarrassing on an executive level!

Unfortunately that goes both ways. You got conservatives who point the finger at Muslim extremism who won't acknowledge the acts of conservative extremists and you have liberals pointing fingers at conservative extremists who won't acknowledge it when liberal or Muslim extremism causes violence.

When forced into a corner it becomes a "which is worse" debate which is about as asinine a debate as there is
I've never heard anyone say that Islamic extremism doesn't cause violence. What I have heard is that not all of Islam and Muslims are violent extremists like many have claimed.

The same is true of Christian extremism. It causes violence, but not all of Christianity and Christians are violent extremists.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom