team colors in spray paint.... (1 Viewer)

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Not really sure where to put this so I'm guessing here will work. I'm buying a couple of cabinets to go out in the garage. A buddy of mine is a pretty good artist and he's going to do me a Saints theme on the doors using stensils he's making and spray paint. The black and white is easy but does anyone have a part number for a gold spray paint that matches our colors?

I'll post pics when he's done.

Not really sure where to put this so I'm guessing here will work. I'm buying a couple of cabinets to go out in the garage. A buddy of mine is a pretty good artist and he's going to do me a Saints theme on the doors using stensils he's making and spray paint. The black and white is easy but does anyone have a part number for a gold spray paint that matches our colors?

I'll post pics when he's done.

I'm fairly certain that you can get 'team colors' @ Lowes or Home Depot.

Not sure about spray paint (may only come in a can), but that doesn't mean you can't get an 'economically priced' spray gun from Harbor Freight and borrow a compressor if you don't already have one.

I taught myself to spray using one of those HF guns when I needed to get a lot of doors done after Katrina.

Just practice a bit on some cardboard/plywood (maybe spray the Fleur-de-lis on your hurricane boards or something) and you'll be good to go when it's time to spray the cabinets.

Alternatively, they have a very decent airbrush kit and this might be the way you want to go since you're only spraying stencils. This would be even easier logistically b/c it requires a much smaller compressor.

http://www.harborfreight.com/deluxe-airbrush-kit-95810.html $14.99 and definitely worth the price.

You'll find other uses for it sometime down the road (trust me on this...) and you'll save a ton on spray paint for just about any project around the house. Just remember to clean it thoroughly after use and it'll last.

Good Luck.

I'm fairly certain that you can get 'team colors' @ Lowes or Home Depot.

Not sure about spray paint (may only come in a can), but that doesn't mean you can't get an 'economically priced' spray gun from Harbor Freight and borrow a compressor if you don't already have one.

I taught myself to spray using one of those HF guns when I needed to get a lot of doors done after Katrina.

Just practice a bit on some cardboard/plywood (maybe spray the Fleur-de-lis on your hurricane boards or something) and you'll be good to go when it's time to spray the cabinets.

Alternatively, they have a very decent airbrush kit and this might be the way you want to go since you're only spraying stencils. This would be even easier logistically b/c it requires a much smaller compressor.

http://www.harborfreight.com/deluxe-airbrush-kit-95810.html $14.99 and definitely worth the price.

You'll find other uses for it sometime down the road (trust me on this...) and you'll save a ton on spray paint for just about any project around the house. Just remember to clean it thoroughly after use and it'll last.

Good Luck.

thanks for the info and now that you say that I believe you're right about lowes carrying team colors. I'm in Ohio though so I'm guessing there's plenty of browns, benglas, and steelers in stock but the saints might be tricky to find. I'll see if they can order it if they don't have it. Also a good idea on the sprayer. I have a large compressor that came with a spray gun which I've never even used. Might be time to get it out and test it.

thanks for the info and now that you say that I believe you're right about lowes carrying team colors. I'm in Ohio though so I'm guessing there's plenty of browns, benglas, and steelers in stock but the saints might be tricky to find. I'll see if they can order it if they don't have it. Also a good idea on the sprayer. I have a large compressor that came with a spray gun which I've never even used. Might be time to get it out and test it.

I think it's Home Depot that carries the team color line, although I could be wrong about that.

Would they not just have the formulas for those colors and be able to mix them on site?

They can mix any of the team colors in the store for their latex paint. Beware however that the saints "gold" that I bought wound up looking more olive when I painted the wood on my BBQ with it. I would just take a picture and match it that way.

It's much easier for us to match the gold via spray paint than it is for the team to match the golds on the uniforms...for some reason. lol.

Just pick up a can of gold paint at Lowe's. It's bound to match one of the golds we wear.

Refuse to shop at Home Depot. To shop there is to strengthen the enemy. It's owned by Arthur Blank.

Just pick up a can of gold paint at Lowe's. It's bound to match one of the golds we wear.

Refuse to shop at Home Depot. To shop there is to strengthen the enemy. It's owned by Arthur Blank.

I think tomorrow I am going to drive over to Home Depot and knock over a display. Heck, I may even take a part time job there and scare off some customers.

I'll shop at Home Depot. Every indication is that Blank is a truly a great guy, good family man, very caring, etc. Yes, he owns a sports rival, but there are bigger worries in life. His personal wealth isn't going to impact the Saints though. I'd much rather give my money to someone like him than some shady character elsewhere.

It may be worth trying to paint silver first and then gold on top if you can't find the team colors there. I would practice on something else first, but I would imagine a decent coat of silver and then a gold overlay would work.

I think it's Home Depot that carries the team color line, although I could be wrong about that.

Would they not just have the formulas for those colors and be able to mix them on site?

I know for a fact that you can get college team colors but not sure about the NFL.

I think tomorrow I am going to drive over to Home Depot and knock over a display. Heck, I may even take a part time job there and scare off some customers.

Just switch some of their price tags (bar labels) around and they will have to honor the price. I'm not condoning this, just saying...

As far as Arthur Blank goes, he hasn't had anything to do with the operation The Home Depot for years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom