Team fines question - Garrett related (1 Viewer)

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm curious of the rationale for the $250k in fines for each of the teams. Is there something the coaches, or staff did to incur those fines? Or does the actions of players extend to the organization? I'm just wondering what the league's reasoning for fining the teams? Just seems weird to me.

I don't really have an issue with it, but just curious why the league did it.

It's under the broad concept of bringing the game into disrepute. Obviously the money is symbolic but it's a way of recognizing that at the end there it was a whole bunch of guys behaving badly, not just Garrett. If one team repeatedly has these issues, there are obviously more potent punishments that can be meted out.

I'm curious of the rationale for the $250k in fines for each of the teams. Is there something the coaches, or staff did to incur those fines? Or does the actions of players extend to the organization? I'm just wondering what the league's reasoning for fining the teams? Just seems weird to me.

I don't really have an issue with it, but just curious why the league did it.
It could have to do with both teams having players come off their sidelines when the fight broke out to run onto the field.
But I think mostly it’s because both teams embarrassed the league so the league decided to hit them in the wallet.
Fining a NFL team $250k is like fining you and me a penny. It’s a joke.

It could have to do with both teams having players come off their sidelines when the fight broke out to run onto the field.
But I think mostly it’s because both teams embarrassed the league so the league decided to hit them in the wallet.
Fining a NFL team $250k is like fining you and me a penny. It’s a joke.
‘Embarrassed ‘
Wink wink
Nudge nudge
Everybody’s talking about it thanks for the publicity

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom