N/S Teams are 0-4 after beating the Patriots (1 Viewer)

Pittsburgh got the Patriots monkey off their back after years of losing to them so that was a physical and emotional game for them. I expect for the real Steelers to show up this Sunday, you know the ones that lost to Oakland not too long ago.. :sneaky:

Pittsburgh got the Patriots monkey off their back after years of losing to them so that was a physical and emotional game for them. I expect for the real Steelers to show up this Sunday, you know the ones that lost to Oakland not too long ago.. :sneaky:
But Big Ben didn't play very much of the game at Oakland.

That said, Roethlisberger tends to hold onto the ball for a very long time. That should give Jordan, Rankins, Davenport and company ample time to get there and disrupt their passing game.

But Big Ben didn't play very much of the game at Oakland.

That said, Roethlisberger tends to hold onto the ball for a very long time. That should give Jordan, Rankins, Davenport and company ample time to get there and disrupt their passing game.
This is something I could easily see happening. Been better rewind that clock in his head because we gonna be coming and our backend can stick with receivers these days making him have to go through his reads. I'm seeing a few sacks in this game for us.

The OP has a point about the letdown after beating the Patriots.

Many of us recall the letdown in our SB season after we beat New England on MNF 38-17. We wound up playing sort of flat the following game vs. the Redskins. Thanks to Meachem's heroics late in the 2nd quarter, and a Suishem missed chip shot FG, the Saints dodged a huge bullet... and the Unknown WhoDat rose to fame! :ezbill:

We beat the Pats (at home), then we went on the road...

Steelers beat the Pats (at home), now they're... :scratch:

:gosaints:

The OP has a point about the letdown after beating the Patriots.

Many of us recall the letdown in our SB season after we beat New England on MNF 38-17. We wound up playing sort of flat the following game vs. the Redskins. Thanks to Meachem's heroics late in the 2nd quarter, and a Suishem missed chip shot FG, the Saints dodged a huge bullet... and the Unknown WhoDat rose to fame! :ezbill:

We beat the Pats (at home), then we went on the road...

Steelers beat the Pats (at home), now they're... :scratch:

:gosaints:

That was 9 years ago and a counterpoint was the Colts that year barely beating Baltimore after their miraculous comeback vs New England a week before.

Denver also beat New England that year and then handed the Chargers their most embarrassing loss of the year the next week.

it felt great pummeling the Pats in 2009, that was the highlight win of the year for me, but it wasn't the same like beating them now. New England struggled to get to 10-6 that year and then got bounced by Baltimore in the first round.

This year, it is kinda funny how teams pour all their energy into beating a weak Pats team and then struggle the next week.

As far as a letdown for the Steelers after whipping the Patriots... I don't think so. The Steelers almost have to win to stay ahead of the Ravens (they only lead by 1/2 game). But the Ravens also have a tough one versus the Chargers on the West Coast.

If the Steelers and Ravens both lose, the standings will remain relatively the same. The Steelers close the regular season against the Bengals in Pittsburgh, while the Ravens play the Browns in Baltimore.

Steelers won't have a let down. But we have that gris gris going on in the Dome and they will be cursed to no end. They won't make it out with a win. Saints take it and wrap up the #1 seed this weekend!

The Defense is gonna have to play big and disrupt their offense early. They get in a rhythm, we're gonna have added pressure on offense that we don't need.

Get Ben and Antonio mad at one another.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom