Teams Looking for New Coaches (1 Viewer)

Dan Quinn is on that list an awful lot. I don’t know who would look at the direction Atlanta took after he was hired and thinks, “that’s what I want”.

It became pretty obvious Shanahan was the engine driving their Super Bowl train.
Speaking of Shanahan. It would be interesting to see what he could do if you switched out Rams squad to him and see what McVay would do with the 9ers players.

Im willing to bet McVay would do to well with 9ers team. Whereas i think Shanahan would elevate the Rams offense.

Here’s a list of head coach interviewed candidates that I’ve gathered via Twitter from the teams you’ve listed.

Houston - Jonathan Gannon, Joe Lombardi, Brian Flores, Hines Ward.

Miami Dolphins - Dan Quinn (upcoming interview)

Chicago Bears - Brian Daboll, Jim Caldwell, Nathaniel Hackett, Brian Flores, Doug Pederson, Matt Eberflus, Todd Bowles (interview on 1/21)

Minnesota Vikings - Kellen Moore, Dan Quinn, Nathaniel Hackett. Todd Bowles (interview on 1/22) Request interview with Raheem Morris.

Jackson Jaguars - Have not listed any interviews.

Denver Broncos - Jonathan Gannon, Jerod Mayo, Kellen Moore, Dan Quinn, Nathaniel Hackett, Luke Getsy, Aaron Glenn.

New York Giants - Almost completed GM interviews. Head coach interviews after GM has been signed.

Las Vegas Raiders - Rumors of Jim Harbaugh. Requesting Jerod Mayo.
Hines Ward? I had to look it up.. He Dis work with the Steelers and Jets as an assistant for 2 years and as a WR coach with Florida Atlantic but if Houston hires him as HC then they are truly desperate.

Kingsbury is weak. He looked out of his element in that playoff game and his team played like it as well. His offense doesn’t work if you take away Murray’s ability to go off script. That is not a good thing for a coach who is supposedly an offensive genius and QB whisperer.

Combine that with a total lack of physicality on offense and it should not be a surprise that KK is/might be on the hot seat.
I’ve already explained in another post. They won 11 games in the best division, but lost to a better team in the playoffs. Had they drew a matchup with Philly in the WC rd and lost this week. There would be no talks of firing him. Context matters. Winning a Super Bowl (which is the ultimate goal) takes a perfect storm of things to happen and fall into place. How many great coaches have never won a Super Bowl? A lot
No sense of hitting the restart button on a coach that increased their win total by 3. Four of their losses were by single digits. Won 4 division games. Injuries took a toll on them. Hard to continue to win when you get hit by injuries. Beef up the Oline, along with some other areas, and they are back in business.
For the sake of your argument, IF the Cards were to fire Kingsbury, who would realistically be a better option right now?

Yeah it did. Kinda confusing though. Kirk is solid, Green held his own as much as he could, Moore has potential, and they added Ertz. Their run game had some injuries, but not enough to cry about. Their Oline got pushed around by some teams. If they sure that up, they can be fine. They are just one of those teams that needs to add the necessary pieces and break through. They are not far away from that. Kingsbury has done a good job for a coach that made the jump to the NFL. Not sure why people want him gone. I’d say his seat has gotten a little warmer, but not to the point where the words “fire him” needs to said. Just my $.02
It makes a world of difference when you have Hopkins pulling coverage away from all the other pieces in the offense. That’s why I would’ve loved to see what Winston can do with just MT added back to the fold. I know people are down on Callaway, but I feel he can have a really good season with MT back.

Losing to the Lions by 18 points in December tho
Any given Sunday. Our team loses games that they shouldn’t. Too many times to count. That’s not a valid point. Niners lost to the NFC West bottom team twice. We shutout Tom Brady with a TE playing QB. Weird things happen in the NFL. As for the Lions, they lost 5 games by 4 or less points (two of those losses they had Tim Boyle at QB). Three of those losses were by only 2 points. For a team that is void of talent, and a perceived “doormat”, they were kinda competitive.

It makes a world of difference when you have Hopkins pulling coverage away from all the other pieces in the offense. That’s why I would’ve loved to see what Winston can do with just MT added back to the fold. I know people are down on Callaway, but I feel he can have a really good season with MT back.
Exactly, Nuk is arguably one of the best, if not the best WR in the NFL. Hard to survive against top competition without that lifeline. Especially in the playoffs.

I’ve already explained in another post. They won 11 games in the best division, but lost to a better team in the playoffs. Had they drew a matchup with Philly in the WC rd and lost this week. There would be no talks of firing him. Context matters. Winning a Super Bowl (which is the ultimate goal) takes a perfect storm of things to happen and fall into place. How many great coaches have never won a Super Bowl? A lot
No sense of hitting the restart button on a coach that increased their win total by 3. Four of their losses were by single digits. Won 4 division games. Injuries took a toll on them. Hard to continue to win when you get hit by injuries. Beef up the Oline, along with some other areas, and they are back in business.
For the sake of your argument, IF the Cards were to fire Kingsbury, who would realistically be a better option right now?
Look, I am not trying o argue, but I don’t think Kingsbury has really developed Murray and there is now a real template that good defenses can use to contain Murray and make him beat you as a passer.

If they fired KK, they should hire Joe Lombardi. He’s a lot more qualified than Kingsbury was when he got the job and has proven he can develop NFL QBs and has the connections to hire a better staff than Kingsbury.

He took a team that hasn't been relevant, more or less, since Kurt Warner left to the playoffs and got beat by a team that's built to beat them. Firing Kingsbury after a playoff season is basically the equivalent of the Dolphins firing Flores after making them look like a decent team.

If Kingsbury is on the hot seat for losing a playoff game, then by that metric shouldn't Payton be on a warm seat himself? He's repeatedly gone to the playoffs (after three straight losing seasons), but only has one ring to show for it over a decade ago.
I doubt they fire him, but I am not impressed by whaI I see. Just my opinion. I predict he’ll be on the hot seat by this time next year.

Look, I am not trying o argue, but I don’t think Kingsbury has really developed Murray and there is now a real template that good defenses can use to contain Murray and make him beat you as a passer.

If they fired KK, they should hire Joe Lombardi. He’s a lot more qualified than Kingsbury was when he got the job and has proven he can develop NFL QBs and has the connections to hire a better staff than Kingsbury.
I think Kyler has progressed every year. I’m not sure what Bidwell expects? Only one team can win the Super Bowl and only two can play for it. The fact that they got into the playoffs is an accomplishment. Maybe it’s not the coach or the QB. Maybe it’s the spoiled owner that has unrealistic or astronomical expectations? Or maybe, Bidwell should use the Rams template and go all in, like the Rams. If at that point it doesn’t work, then start anew. I’m confused as to how increasing win totals from 5 to 8 to 11 is a bad thing, but hey, it’s the NFL where things don’t make sense a lot of the times.

Hi all, I find it very odd that none of the teams looking for new coaches have hired anyone. I am wondering if everyone is waiting for a big shake up? Here are the teams in the market:

1. Houston Texans
2. Miami Dolphins
3. Chicago Bears
4. Minnesota Vikings
5. Jackson Jaguars
6. Denver Broncos
7. New York Giants
8. Oakland Raiders

On the bubble: Dallas/Cardinals.

Any idea why these teams who mostly knew they needed new coaches are taking so long to hire people? Wouldn't you want to knock that out pretty quickly? I get that they want to get it right but this just seems like it's been way too long.
Honestly, I think one of the biggest problems most teams have is hiring a coach too fast. We don't do that for other jobs, Sometimes management is that way, but even then you have to have a strong connection. And there are always assistant on playoff teams that teams want to look at. I wouldn't expect a lot of hiring to go on until early to mid Feb.

Why are people so quick to get rid of Kingsbury? That team just needs to get better in the trenches and a couple of other pieces. It’s not like they are bottom feeders with no direction
I read that their owner is very frustrated with how they finish seasons. Can’t forget the exact stat but dating back to his college coaching days, Kingsbury has had many seasons in a row that ended poorly, after good starts. Think I read the piece on PFT.

*found the article.

Why are people so quick to get rid of Kingsbury? That team just needs to get better in the trenches and a couple of other pieces. It’s not like they are bottom feeders with no direction
Uh no, its a little more than that!! Right off the bat I can tell you they have slow Linebackers for starters, their secondary is trash, they safetys can't tackle, and they keep starting Chase Edmouds when James "Buff" Conner is better. Don't get me started on the Rams game either when the Rams corners were playing more than 10yds off the WRs but instead of throwing underneath routes to bring the corners up they continued to call shot plays. IDIOTS!!

Here’s a list of head coach interviewed candidates that I’ve gathered via Twitter from the teams you’ve listed.

Houston - Jonathan Gannon, Joe Lombardi, Brian Flores, Hines Ward.

Miami Dolphins - Dan Quinn (upcoming interview)

Chicago Bears - Brian Daboll, Jim Caldwell, Nathaniel Hackett, Brian Flores, Doug Pederson, Matt Eberflus, Todd Bowles (interview on 1/21)

Minnesota Vikings - Kellen Moore, Dan Quinn, Nathaniel Hackett. Todd Bowles (interview on 1/22) Request interview with Raheem Morris.

Jackson Jaguars - Have not listed any interviews.

Denver Broncos - Jonathan Gannon, Jerod Mayo, Kellen Moore, Dan Quinn, Nathaniel Hackett, Luke Getsy, Aaron Glenn.

New York Giants - Almost completed GM interviews. Head coach interviews after GM has been signed.

Las Vegas Raiders - Rumors of Jim Harbaugh. Requesting Jerod Mayo.

Add Dennis Allen to the Bears' list.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom