Teams that need a QB (1 Viewer)

It's only Week 2 and we are at this point already. Isn't there a thread talking about how we could go 5-0 before the bye week?

It’s too early to tell because you don’t know what movement is going to happen or how some quarterbacks that are borderline play the rest of the year. Rodgers is probably going to go somewhere. Watson could go somewhere.

This is what I would say as of now:

New Orleans - maybe
carolina- maybe
Detroit - maybe
WFT - yes
Eagles - maybe
Giants - maybe
Texans - yes
Steelers - maybe
Broncos- maybe

some of those places stick with what they have. Rodgers and Watson could end up taking two of them off of the list.

If you are looking for immediate results see Trevor Lawrence. Yeah exactly. Besides we just drafted a QB from Norte Dame Ian Book.
Yeah, I'm sympathetic to the idea that neither Jameis or Taysom is our long-term solution at QB, but the fact that we're using a roster spot to stash Ian Book should be a signal to us that they like his potential (they kept 3rd round draft pick Garrett Grayson on the roster for a single game in 2015).

I don't know who all thought Jameis Winston would be a finished product by week 2, but I feel very safe in saying Payton isn't among them.

I don't know if Jameis is the longterm answer anymore than anybody else can know, with absolute certainty that he isn't, but that question was never going to be settled this soon.

It was a horrible offensive game, all around, under some extenuating circumstances. A week ago, we weren't having this discussion. Maybe we need to give it some time and see how it plays out?

Ian Book has entered the chat.
I'm a Book fan. Hoping the kid comes along as hoped, and blows up the league, starting for several years on a very cheap 3rd round rookie contract. But in a perfect world, that happens NEXT year, IMO. If Book starts this year, it means the Saints train derailed in a bad way.

I don't want THAT. Until that happens, I'm a fan of the QB that CSP thinks will lead to the most wins. If that's JW2, i'm good. If it's TH7, i'm good. If it ends up being Book, i'll worry that it was "too soon" to hand the keys to the Ferrari over to the newly licensed driver. But I'll trust that is the best decision for the team, if CSP says so. JMO...

I'm a Book fan. Hoping the kid comes along as hoped, and blows up the league, starting for several years on a very cheap 3rd round rookie contract. But in a perfect world, that happens NEXT year, IMO. If Book starts this year, it means the Saints train derailed in a bad way.

I don't want THAT. Until that happens, I'm a fan of the QB that CSP thinks will lead to the most wins. If that's JW2, i'm good. If it's TH7, i'm good. If it ends up being Book, i'll worry that it was "too soon" to hand the keys to the Ferrari over to the newly licensed driver. But I'll trust that is the best decision for the team, if CSP says so. JMO...
Thats usually the scenario that occurs when the rookie gets his chance, look at Prescott and Wilson for example. The Bears, 49ers are two teams using a veteran with a drafted QB waiting in the wings to get their chance, how long before you see those two guys get a shot? The Saints are injured but talented so I will wait until EVERYBODY is on the field and we are hitting on all cylinders but I don't think for a second Payton does not think he cant win with Book.

Thats usually the scenario that occurs when the rookie gets his chance, look at Prescott and Wilson for example. The Bears, 49ers are two teams using a veteran with a drafted QB waiting in the wings to get their chance, how long before you see those two guys get a shot? The Saints are injured but talented so I will wait until EVERYBODY is on the field and we are hitting on all cylinders but I don't think for a second Payton does not think he cant win with Book.
I like your avatar meily! and I like EVERYTHING I'm hearing about Book. Seems like he has "it"...whatever "it" is...which is the one tool you can't impart to a QB. The only thing I don't like about Book, so far, is that damn #16. As a Notre Dame alum, I can understand why he's drawn to that number. But as an old-school, long-term Saints fan, he needs to understand why that number conjures up such dis-like in the fan base.

If/when he's a starter, I'm hoping a new jersey number opens up for him. Maybe his old #12? I've always liked #4 and #9 for QBs...or even #13. But that #16.....c'mon dude....read the room!

I like your avatar meily! and I like EVERYTHING I'm hearing about Book. Seems like he has "it"...whatever "it" is...which is the one tool you can't impart to a QB. The only thing I don't like about Book, so far, is that damn #16. As a Notre Dame alum, I can understand why he's drawn to that number. But as an old-school, long-term Saints fan, he needs to understand why that number conjures up such dis-like in the fan base.

If/when he's a starter, I'm hoping a new jersey number opens up for him. Maybe his old #12? I've always liked #4 and #9 for QBs...or even #13. But that #16.....c'mon dude....read the room!
Yeah I think he went with #16 because at the time #12 was Calloway's number. He may stick with #16 which is fine because he is a ND QB and there is a certain magic that's incorporated with that number if you are a ND fan. I'm not for throwing Book into the fire so its not fair to judge Winston off of two games with the injuries we have but as you stated that "it" factor that Book has may be what the doctor ordered if this season goes off the rails and Book has continued to prove capable in practice and the film room.

With the talent we have on offense the QB just needs to be the PG of the offense getting the ball in the hands of its playmakers and executing the offense and that appears to be what Book has shown at his days at ND and in practice with the Saints, even his preseason game vs Baltimore he was just executing the plays and moving the ball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom