Teams want to know about Te’o's sexuality (1 Viewer)

sheltonwhodat

Very Banned
Reaction score
When I wrote earlier this week that, for NFL teams in Indianapolis, the elephant in the room when interviewing linebacker Manti Te’o's was his sexuality, some thought that I was speculating on his sexuality or doing anything other than passing along the information I was given: Teams want to know if Te’o is gay.

Though the speculation about his sexual orientation initially arose via clumsy logic that having a pretend girlfriend in California gave him an excuse for not chasing real women in Indiana, the fact that the pretend girlfriend actually was a man who later told Dr. Phil that he was in love with Te’o created another layer of confusion in an inherently confusion situation.

Breer later explained, via Twitter, that the execs said they would ask the question “because it’s relevant to how they’d fit in” and also because “it’d be a HUGE story, so you’d inherit that” by drafting the player.

Two execs confirm teams want to know about Te

Wow I mean he has already been dropped to 20th on draft boards. I can also see why they would want to know tho.
There is also a report that just came out that states he said he did poorly at the combine because of all the stress.

Not to start a big arguement,just wanted to know your opinion. Do NFL teams have the right to question him? They are about to invest millions in him. Just look how big of a media thing it was with Tebow and God. Could you imagine if manti said he was???

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Why does it matter? The kid isn't living up to his hype. That's the real story here. His sexuality is irrelevant in my opinion.

OP
sheltonwhodat

sheltonwhodat

Very Banned
Reaction score
Why does it matter? The kid isn't living up to his hype. That's the real story here. His sexuality is irrelevant in my opinion.
NFL is all about the locker room and one player can change the whole mood. Plus it become other media circus(tebow x2) can your team handle that?

Saintshizzle

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Doesn't matter.

What does matter is how mentally weak he is, and how it affects his performance. He clearly does not perform well under stress and cannot be counted on in stressful times. Very important character flaw. He is the type that would wash-out in advanced military training where you are messed with psychologically as well.

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think, fairly or not, with Te'o it's a reasonable question. Any NFL team which takes him is inheriting this "story", so they have a right to know what the various possible twists and turns are.

DesertKajun

Who cares, he probably dropped so far in the draft over that nonsense its a good deal for any team.

RaginCajun83

Saints/Wrestling Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He's dropping because he played like trash against Alabama, ran slow at the combine and the Notre Dame hype machine is no long behind him so teams are starting to learn the real Teo

dubit

Defense wins championship
Reaction score
I also think it is a legit concern due to some locker rooms (at least from what I hear) still having that old homophobic vibe to it where "they don't want a homosexual naked in the showers with them". So it may be as much for his protection as it is for their media concerns. Sometimes once you get that stigma placed on you, it is hard to shake and convince people otherwise.

RaisingTheBar

The Voice of Reason
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I will be the first to admitt I was very high on this guy before the bama game, it's crazy to see how far he has fallen.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Whether or not it should matter is irrelevant. It does matter. Lots of straight people think that all gay people are miscreants and deviants who want them, or would try to rape them in the shower, or something else in a long line of silly, narcissistic thought patterns.

Proximo

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It's going to be found unconstitutional to discriminate in hiring based on sexual orientation; certain circuit courts have held it to be a quasisuspect class. NFL and its lawyers won't allow this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom