Ted Ginn Jr. Believes He's The Fastest WR in the NFL, Challenges Anyone to Race for $10,000 (1 Viewer)

Think about this... At the 1960 Olympics Bullet Bob Hayes (Cowboys WR fame) set a work record in the 100 meters at 10.00 seconds. Now we have an 18 year old in high school besting that time. It's amazing how we are evolving as humans athletically.
Let’s see how Uriah does in 15 years. Lol

Think about this... At the 1960 Olympics Bullet Bob Hayes (Cowboys WR fame) set a work record in the 100 meters at 10.00 seconds. Now we have an 18 year old in high school besting that time. It's amazing how we are evolving as humans athletically.
That is pretty sick speed for a kid that age. Were I Ted Ginn, Jr., I would reiterate that his invitation is for NFL players only... Not that I wouldn't want to watch him race that kid if it happened. :)
You are right about us evolving athletically. I know when I was in high school our offensive line averaged around 225 pounds. The team my youngest son played on in 2014 averaged closer to 300. I can see in decade or 2 we may have someone break a 4.0 in the 40.

Does anyone know a time where a team mate or former team mate of Drew or just a player or former player. Just talked crap on Drew Brees I think there might of been one or two but I can't remember it seems like everyone that knows Drew absolutely loves the guy I am just curious Drew really does seem like a legit Saint.

No, just the ignorant Talking Heads...

smh at them

Think about this... At the 1960 Olympics Bullet Bob Hayes (Cowboys WR fame) set a world record in the 100 meters at 10.00 seconds. Now we have an 18 year old in high school besting that time. It's amazing how we are evolving as humans athletically.
I don't think it's evolution that has significantly dropped the WR time in the 100 over a short 60 year time span. I think it comes down to improvements in training methods, nutrition etc.

This kid is amazing though, has a shot to make noise at the Olympics next year.

Think about this... At the 1960 Olympics Bullet Bob Hayes (Cowboys WR fame) set a world record in the 100 meters at 10.00 seconds. Now we have an 18 year old in high school besting that time. It's amazing how we are evolving as humans athletically.

That is pretty sick speed for a kid that age. Were I Ted Ginn, Jr., I would reiterate that his invitation is for NFL players only... Not that I wouldn't want to watch him race that kid if it happened. :)

slight correction, it was 1964. Hayes ran that time on a cinder track. He also drew lane 1 which was the worst possible. It was chewed up because the 10,000 meter steeplechase had just finished 30 minutes before. He was also in a pair of borrowed shoes from Joe
Frazier. yes, that Joe Frazier. Most track experts agree the modern rubberized track takes off 2 tenths of a second vs the older cinder
tracks.

His anchor leg in the 4 X 100 relay is still considered by many to be the greatest sprint in track history. He covered the final 100 meters
in 8.6 seconds. He took the baton in 7th place and beat the 2nd place finisher by 5 meters. It's still the fastest time a human has been
clocked in terms of MPH ( 27.93 if I remember correctly ) . I believe if Hayess had access to modern diet,training,equipment,he'd give
Usain Bolt serious competition.

Last edited:
slight correction, it was 1964. Hayes ran that time on a cinder track. He also drew lane 1 which was the worst possible. It was chewed up because the 10,000 meter steeplechase had just finished 30 minutes before. He was also in a pair of borrowed shoes from Joe
Frazier. yes, that Joe Frazier. Most track experts agree the modern rubberized track takes of 2 tenths of a second vs the older cinder
tracks.

His anchor leg in the 4 X 100 relay is still considered by many to be the greatest sprint in track history. He covered the final 100 meters
in 8.6 seconds. He took the baton in 7th place and beat the 2nd place finisher by 5 meters. It's still the fastest time a human has been
clocked in terms of MPH ( 27.93 if I remember correctly ) . I believe if Hayess had access to modern diet,training,equipment,he'd give
Usain Bolt serious competition.

Awesome post. Thanks for the history. And the video. (Kinda lame that the Olympic Committee is just as over-protective of their material like the NFL that you can't watch the video embedded here and have to go to youtube to view it.) He sure was flying in that last leg - in Joe Frazier's shoes too.

Awesome post. Thanks for the history. And the video. (Kinda lame that the Olympic Committee is just as over-protective of their material like the NFL that you can't watch the video embedded here and have to go to youtube to view it.) He sure was flying in that last leg - in Joe Frazier's shoes too.

Yw, Track was my second favorite sport when I was growing up. Hayes was wearing his regular spikes in the relay though. He wore
Frazier's in the 100 meter finals where he set the Wr. He overslept and was running late to the track for the 100 and forgot his spikes
back at the hotel. He was lucky he and frazier wore the same size shoe.

Yw, Track was my second favorite sport when I was growing up. Hayes was wearing his regular spikes in the relay though. He wore
Frazier's in the 100 meter finals where he set the Wr. He overslept and was running late to the track for the 100 and forgot his spikes
back at the hotel. He was lucky he and frazier wore the same size shoe.
Ah, gotcha. I misread your first post. Either way, that's a great story about the shoes and that was definitely the most impressive last leg of a relay I've ever seen. I hadn't known anything about it at all before this thread.

Dale Gribble: Still, I must say, track and field doesn't really seem like a full sport.
It's more like leftover scraps from other sports.

Link? I think you're incorrect. Might have him mixed up with someone.

Dude was a HoFer and by all accounts that I know of, a class act.

imho - I think Darrel Green was one of the greatest players I've ever seen and he had blazing speed along with elite football IQ. QBs wer scared of him.

imho - I think Darrel Green was one of the greatest players I've ever seen and he had blazing speed along with elite football IQ. QBs wer scared of him.

Yep. He's probably a top 5 CB of all time. Definitely of the last 40 years. It's really hard to compare much beyond that anyway. He's a huge reason the Redskins won the 91' Superbowl. Had one of Jim Kelly's 4 picks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom