Ted Ginn Jr. (2 Viewers)

Tre'Quan is developing. He's been injured, but in the time he has played he has produced when asked. He has 9 receptions on 13 targets. Eight of those receptions were for first downs and 2 of the nine receptions were for TDs. He has a 70% catch rate and he has shown to be tough as nails out there. I am almost 100% positive he had a pancake block against Atlanta and it might have been on a DE or LB. I'll have to rewatch the game to see that play again.

Kirkwood is known. In his time last season he did exactly what he did in college. He's a big play guy, catches a lot of passes that are 20 yards or more and catches TDs at about a 15% rate. That is exactly what he did in college and it carried over to his playing time last year.

I am finally re-watching the game and at 12:00 left in the 1st quarter right after Taysom caught the 1st down on the next play, Kamara's run to the right down to the goal line is where Tre'Quan stonewalls and pancakes #98 Tak McKinley who is a 6'2" 265lb DE. They even replayed it and Rodney Harrison highlighted it and called out the effort of Smith. He didn't say who it was against, but it was Tak McKinley.

Last edited:
What has happened to Ted? He only has 24 Receptions on the season. Granted, he's never been a great Receiver, but it seems like this year the bottom has dropped out on him. These are #4 Receiver numbers. He's running at the #2 Receiver right now, and this is not good.

I know Father Time always wins out, but like this? I was really thinking LB or QB in the upcoming draft, but now - unless we sign one in Free-Agency - we need a WR. Tre'Quan is not developing, and Kirkwood is an unknown. We have some candidates on the Practice Squad, but there is a reason why they haven't been called up.

I just can't put my finger on our Offensive woes this year. Last year, during the 1st half of the season, we were blowing teams out. This year, not so much. Can this all be laid on Ginn's shoulders? What I'd love to see is Sean using Deonta Harris more in the offense. He has the same speed Ginn does, and better hands. We really need to try something.

People are so easy to forget how clutch he is. Dont forget if not for the no call in NFC championship game Ginn's reception for almost 40 yards I think is what set us up for the win. I admit he is not always reliable but he has been clutch when needed.

What has happened to Ted? He only has 24 Receptions on the season. Granted, he's never been a great Receiver, but it seems like this year the bottom has dropped out on him. These are #4 Receiver numbers. He's running at the #2 Receiver right now, and this is not good.

I know Father Time always wins out, but like this? I was really thinking LB or QB in the upcoming draft, but now - unless we sign one in Free-Agency - we need a WR. Tre'Quan is not developing, and Kirkwood is an unknown. We have some candidates on the Practice Squad, but there is a reason why they haven't been called up.

I just can't put my finger on our Offensive woes this year. Last year, during the 1st half of the season, we were blowing teams out. This year, not so much. Can this all be laid on Ginn's shoulders? What I'd love to see is Sean using Deonta Harris more in the offense. He has the same speed Ginn does, and better hands. We really need to try something.

Personally, I think part of the problem is Drew!

He's not his old self and isn't making all these "average WR's" be very good like he has done all these years.

Now, these average WR's are looking like average WR's.

[I am not saying the issue is "Drew being old". I'm saying between his injured thumb and "being rusty" Drew hasn't quite got up to his usual form, yet.] [Emphasis on "yet"!]

(My gut, though, says, WATCH OUT, SF!!!)

He dropped 2 long ball TDS in the last two games. That would have been another 80 yards and 2 TD receptions. You have to catch the ball to have stats as a WR.

My poor memory might be acting up, but wasn't one of those Long Dropped Passes due to DPI!

The db was tugging on his jersey AND tugged on his shoulder pad to throw his stride off, then the db stuck his hand in between Ginn's hands to prevent the catch.

Hardly can blame Ginn for that - but I can lay this right at the cheatin refs for not calling an OBVIOUS PI!

Personally, I think part of the problem is Drew!

He's not his old self and isn't making all these "average WR's" be very good like he has done all these years.

Now, these average WR's are looking like average WR's.

[I am not saying the issue is "Drew being old". I'm saying between his injured thumb and "being rusty" Drew hasn't quite got up to his usual form, yet.] [Emphasis on "yet"!]

(My gut, though, says, WATCH OUT, SF!!!)
Sorry, I just don’t agree. Too many drops and he is still completing over 70% of his passes.

Forget all the DPI excuses, Drew's "rust" and "lack of arm stregth" and the price of rice in China lmao, look at one simple thing. What is the end result when Drew throws to Ginn and it hits him in the hands, most cases its been two hands on the football ? The end result has been some embarrassing drops that are inexcusable, lack of concentration, others fearing a hit when a safety was about to lay the wood, the list goes on and on. Bottom line Ginn needs to get it together because the offense and CGM need him badly.

Forget all the DPI excuses, Drew's "rust" and "lack of arm stregth" and the price of rice in China lmao, look at one simple thing. What is the end result when Drew throws to Ginn and it hits him in the hands, most cases its been two hands on the football ? The end result has been some embarrassing drops that are inexcusable, lack of concentration, others fearing a hit when a safety was about to lay the wood, the list goes on and on. Bottom line Ginn needs to get it together because the offense and CGM need him badly.

Ginn is streaky, and the Saints need him to get on the right side of that. He’s got the ability to make plays once he gets his head right.

Watching Taysom I think what we need for him to be a starting QB is a legit deep threat. We have elite threats in the short game in Kamara and the intermediate range in Thomas. With Taysom at QB that's another elite playmaker the defense has to respect. If we add a legit deep threat it opens up the short and middle game by forcing the safeties to play deep. With what we will be paying MT and Kamara soon we desperately need this need option to be a cheap draft pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom