Tedd Ginn “I’ve still got a few more years left in me” (1 Viewer)

Harris is WR 6. Payton uses him on gimmick like plays to try and get him in space, but he's not out there running the route tree.

Yes last year coach used him on gimmick plays, but whose to say that will stay the same this year after a whole another year with the team working with the receivers in camp

Clay Matthews had 8 sacks last year, if you put him and Cam Jordan on the same side along with Ranks and Davenport. You got a DL that will rival anyones in the league. Clay was cut for money not performance.

Yes he was playing behind Aaron freaking Donald who had 12.5 sacks and the stout Michael Brockers with Dante Fowler rushing from the other side with his 11.5 sacks. We don’t have that kind of sack production to take away blockers for the soon to be 34 year old.

I really appreciate Ginn for his contributions for the Saints.
He made plenty of big catches for the Saints. If the penalty against the Rams was called, Ginn would have been one of the biggest heroes in Saints history. His catch in that game put the Saints in great field position with little time left on the clock.

He also had a couple big catches last year. One was against the Niners late in the game.

I think with Sanders on the teams now there is no room for Ginn on the roster. A.K, Thomas, Cook and Sanders are going to get 75 percent of the catches. Then Taysom, Deonte and TQS are going to get increased throws to them. That maybe leaves 20-25 targets left for GINN. Even at a vets minimum that's not worth the money for a receiver on the decline.

Ginn is and always will be one of my favorite Saints players. Im sure another team will take a flyer on him. I wish the best for Ted, he is a class act person.

Yes last year coach used him on gimmick plays, but whose to say that will stay the same this year after a whole another year with the team working with the receivers in camp

Nothings to say, but whose to saythey happens and he develops? I wouldn’t rely on a #6WR from a year ago becoming a contributing factor on offense ahead of times. If it happens great but you can’t count on that.

Unfortunately for our veteran (Ted Ginn), 2020 is pretty deep at WR. That not only means the Saints getting a good, quality late round pick, but as good as the Black & Gold has been at getting UDFA's, I believe a few diamonds in the rough will be there as well.

Outside chance that Ginn returns at vet minimum... with the main advantage being that he already knows the system and playbook. Beyond that, it's a crap shoot for his return.

:gosaints:
Devin Duverney would be a good Ginn replacement if he falls to the later rounds. He would also be a great fit for the jet sweeps Payton likes to run.
If we could land pittman in the 3rd and Duverney later, our WR would go from a weak link last year to a strong point with the addition of Sanders

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom