Tedd Ginn “I’ve still got a few more years left in me” (1 Viewer)

I'd love to have him back on a minimum deal. If he wants more then thanks for the past couple of years!

Between MT Sanders Smith and Harris, he’d be WR5...WR6 if we snag someone in the draft. He’d have to excel at special teams just to make the roster. Just don’t see it happening here

Harris is WR 6. Payton uses him on gimmick like plays to try and get him in space, but he's not out there running the route tree.

Ginn would be valuable on the field for this team stretching the field and clearing space for Thomas and Sanders. Ginn at the minimum would be a good fit down the depth chart this season.

That's only if opposing defenses respect the deep ball.
Last season (or the end of it) they did not. They completely quit defending it, that's when Sean started putting Taysom in to throw the deep ball.

Not sure if this was a thumb issue, timing issue or arm strength issue. The fact that Drew was seriously considering retirement leads me to believe it was an arm strength issue.

IF that's the case, with Drew at the helm, we need possession, slot receivers and Play-makers at TE and RB to create lots of YAC. The deep threat isn't a crucial piece of the puzzle like it once was.

Unfortunately for our veteran (Ted Ginn), 2020 is pretty deep at WR. That not only means the Saints getting a good, quality late round pick, but as good as the Black & Gold has been at getting UDFA's, I believe a few diamonds in the rough will be there as well.

Outside chance that Ginn returns at vet minimum... with the main advantage being that he already knows the system and playbook. Beyond that, it's a crap shoot for his return.

:gosaints:

I think he could be depth on a Vet Min type deal if needed... You always have to have options, he has his downfalls on the field, he's dropped some balls, he's lost a step. But you read great things about him as a mentor and a locker room guy. If he's your 4 or 5... It's not the worse thing ever to have a Vet that still has some speed to him and knows your offensive.

He's a net positive if we are counting intangibles. Having a vet guy who knows this complex offense in and out is a good thing. It helps Drew and the young guys coming up.

I hope we start out the season with a depth chart like this: Thomas, Sanders, rookie draft pick, Tre’Quan, & Harris.

If Ginn stays unsigned and god forbid one of our guys misses some time, cough cough Tre’Quan cough cough, than Ginn would probably be the first WR I would call & sign due to the fact he knows the offense. So as a human being that likes Ginn, I would like to see him sign with someone prior to the season. But my selfish bleeds black & gold alter ego would rather him stay unsigned in case we need him during the season

I hope we start out the season with a depth chart like this: Thomas, Sanders, rookie draft pick, Tre’Quan, & Harris.

Correct, Can you imagine WR1 MT13 WR2 B.Aiyuk WR3 E. Sanders TE J.Cook RB Kamara. You are not stopping this, I don't care what defense you have. If they could get P. Queen or Clay Matthews on Defense to bolster the pass rush its over baby.

Correct, Can you imagine WR1 MT13 WR2 B.Aiyuk WR3 E. Sanders TE J.Cook RB Kamara. You are not stopping this, I don't care what defense you have. If they could get P. Queen or Clay Matthews on Defense to bolster the pass rush its over baby.

Yes but you not getting both Queen and Aiyuk. And no way a rookie in Aiyuk is beating out Sanders for the #2 receiver spot

OR Clay Mathews?!?! This isn’t 2015 bro

Yes but you not getting both Queen and Aiyuk.

OR Clay Mathews?!?! This isn’t 2015 bro

Clay Matthews had 8 sacks last year, if you put him and Cam Jordan on the same side along with Ranks and Davenport. You got a DL that will rival anyones in the league. Clay was cut for money not performance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom