Teddy Bridgewater just secured his huge payday this off season (1 Viewer)

I’ll bet against that. Saints are not going to pay Drew for two more years at 25 mil/year and sign Teddy for 20 mil/year, starting next year, for 5 years. You have pipe dreams. Where he gets paid is another story. But it will not be with the Saints as long as Drew is still playing.

I just heard this morning from one of the talking heads, that TB will end up in Chicago, and he will be the Bears QB. Watching the Bears play yesterday, I can see TB signing with the Bears, who, just as the Saints, have a murderous D, and in great need of a good QB. Teddy fits that need to a T

Some people just can’t be pleased. You do realize that even Drew Brees only won about 1/2 his games when he had a sucky arse defense and needed a decent defense to help him win any more than that?
No, I’m very pleased. Like I said, TB is still missing wide open throws. It’s not being critical, it’s an observation. Many of you act like I said that TB is sucking it up, I never said that. Moving on. Here is an article from an NFL writer, that I found after I said what I said:
Trust me, I want nothing but the best from Teddy, but he has to make certain throws that he is still not making before I can safely say that he is the heir. With this defense we have, sure why not. But with the kind of defenses we used to trot out a few seasons ago, that’s what gives me concerns.

Attachments

• 6DB9FC3D-C22A-4D93-9A76-8FDE6E8F3FDD.png
    6DB9FC3D-C22A-4D93-9A76-8FDE6E8F3FDD.png
    630 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
TB could have been a starter for another team this season. Miami wanted him but he wanted to be here. It was a better option for him. If you believe Brees will play past this year then this doesn't make any sense but if you believe this is Brees' last year then it makes perfect sense. Drew isn't going to play forever. Teddy knows that. Sean knows that. Loomis knows that. Honestly, most fans know that as well, but it is a hard pill to swallow. If the Saints were to let Teddy walk then that would be foolish and this organization is far from foolish.

No, I’m very pleased. Like I said, TB is still missing wide open throws. It’s not being critical, it’s an observation. Many of you act like I said that TB is sucking it up, I never said that. Moving on. Here is an article from an NFL writer, that I found after I said what I said:
Trust me, I want nothing but the best from Teddy, but he has to make certain throws that he is still not making before I can safely say that he is the heir. With this defense we have, sure why not. But with the kind of defenses we used to trot out a few seasons ago, that’s what gives me concerns.

To be fair, we've had our share of 7-9 seasons with terrible defenses. Even Drew needs a halfway decent defense to get to the playoffs in any given season.

Teddy doesn't have anything to prove at this point. He's 5-0 as a starter and played a solid game against a very good Bears defense.

As for what happens after this season, I'm not worried about it at this point. We'll cross that bridge after the season ends. I love what he's doing now and hopefully he's got one more good game before the bye and then pass the baton back to Drew.

Who dat!

He won't be accepting a $7-$8 million backup deal here. Some QB needy team will give him a nice contract.

Which was much simpler then by a HUGE margin.

Not to mention Teddy's numbers in his first 5 starts this season are as good if not better than Brees' first 5 games. He's a long ways from Brees now, but there's no reason he can't be a very good QB in his own right. And we shouldn't forget that he's doing this vs some of the top defenses in the league.

I think Tampa is a perfect fit for Teddy if he doesn’t come back. They will be picking 10-18 so they miss the top QBs. Winston is not getting resigned.

Chicago might give Trubisky 1 more year. Most other teams looking at QB will draft before Tampa. Tannehill could win enough games to force an offer from Tenn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom