Teddy Bridgewater just secured his huge payday this off season (1 Viewer)

I’m still on the fence. There are still too many throws that he doesn’t make for my taste. To put it in context, if he didn’t have the luxury of having a good defense, could we rely on him to win games? That’s what I’m not so sure about
You seriously watched this performance and aren't sold on him?

I mean Ted Ginn dropped a 35 yard TD that would have put him over 300 yards and 3 TDs.

I’m still on the fence. There are still too many throws that he doesn’t make for my taste. To put it in context, if he didn’t have the luxury of having a good defense, could we rely on him to win games? That’s what I’m not so sure about
I understand but realize that he is 5-0 starting in one of the most complicated offenses. Drew has had 13 years. He won't be Drew. He's Teddy and he's winning his way. I don't know if we'll keep him but he does have my respect. He's balling and the team has learned to play as a team instead of relying on DB to carry the torch.

I understand but realize that he is 5-0 starting in one of the most complicated offenses. Drew has had 13 years. He won't be Drew. He's Teddy and he's winning his way. I don't know if we'll keep him but he does have my respect. He's balling and the team has learned to play as a team instead of relying on DB to carry the torch.
Too be fair. Drew lit it up in SP’s system his first year coming off a major shoulder injury

Bridgewater is getting paid this off season.

5-0 record. Just blistered a great bears defense on the road.

The starting point is $20 million.

He's not signing with us for 1 year deal for $7 million. Them days are officially over.

Well he'll have a decision to make then. Pretty difficult to pay two starting QB's salaries even for one season.

If he's clever he'll settle for somewhere in between and be Drews successor. If not he'll probably be picked up by a Dolphins type team and win nothing. Time will tell

Not looking for perfection. Just a QB (not named Drew) that makes the throws a starting QB should make. He playing good, but he’s still missing throws he should make.
Any credit on the long pass to Thomas in double coverage, tear drop right into his hands, it's a touchdown if he doesn't stumble?

The Ted Ginn drop on the bomb in the endzone?

He made several beautiful throws.

We have to get away with comparing him to the most accurate passer of all time. It's really not fair to him.

We could always pick a QB in the first round of the draft...

Strike gold with a Mahomes or waste it on a Trubisky?

Play safe and pay Teddy $7 mill next year and then $20 million a year after Drew retires, probably the year after.

He would be crazy to take 7 million from us next year. He's going to get 20-25 million per year on a 4-5 year deal to start for someone. We're talking generational money. You don't turn down a hundred million dollars. Especially a guy who is acutely aware how fragile NFL careers can be.

The only game he's played where he wasn't the best QB on the field was Seattle. He will be one of the marquee free agents this offseason. Get paid young man. Thanks for saving our season. I'll be rooting for you.

Last edited:
I think Brees retires after this season

I seriously doubt it.......Drew is watching Brady and he won't be retiring before Brady for sure. I think Drew Brees will be playing another 2-3 years after this season. TB on the other hand will be starting somewhere after this season, his stock is continuously rising.

About who will be starting next week, if Brees is ready?.....

I know Sean Payton will love to have Brees back anytime after he is ready.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom