Teddy Bridgewater locked in his future as Saints QB. (2 Viewers)

Shadeaux

TheMatrix~Ak41/Mi22
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Whodat GT

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I don´t know man... I think you can´t expect Teddy to be as efficient as Brees. I mean, Brees almost always finds a way to get rid of the ball, and it´s because of his phenomenal pocket mobility. Teddy will get sacked more than Brees. Any QB besides Brady and Rodgers will get sacked more than Brees.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Brees has been in Payton's system for 13 years, going into 14th.

And Payton has had all those years to tinker and add, knowing he has a QB already up to speed.

Walking in as our new QB has got to be a bit over whelming.
I'm fine with saying Teddy isn't close to being as good as the 2006 version of Drew Brees.

ANKOMA33

All-Pro
Reaction score
Bridgewater held on to the ball too long. He's not a rookie. A veteran in this system should be able to pull the trigger at a quicker pace......maybe not like Brees, but it should be better than what he showed. Sorry for stating facts.
On the replays simply looked like the WR's had zero separation from the defender & Teddy had no place or window to throw in. I'd much rather take the sack than a INT.

A lot of veteran QB's would have eaten those as well.

silverbullet

Rookie
Reaction score
That's a pretty ridiculous take for a good, not great, meaningless pre-season performance. He didn't lock down anything and even if he went 20-20 with 10 TDs, it wouldn't matter that much.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
On the replays simply looked like the WR's had zero separation from the defender & Teddy had no place or window to throw in. I'd much rather take the sack than a INT.

A lot of veteran QB's would have eaten those as well.
You could see all of the receivers from the replay? You don't have to force the ball. Drew would throw it at a receiver's feet.

ANKOMA33

All-Pro
Reaction score
You could see all of the receivers from the replay? You don't have to force the ball. Drew would throw it at a receiver's feet.
Rev Windham did a breakdown of a few plays from that game & the WR's weren't open.

I can't speak for everyone else but comparing what Drew does to ANY other QB not named Brady, Rodgers simply isn't fair to Teddy. I'm sure he'll get that sorted out.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Totally depends on how the draft falls next year.

Plenty of teams have signed journeymen who they thought were going to be develop into the starter, then the right guy falls into your lap and everything changes. Money is also a factor. Does Teddy want $20+M next year before proving himself? I doubt it, but that changes the calculous as well.

gboudx

Clicks past Page 1 of Google searches
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My 2 boys, 19 and 15, only know Drew Brees as being the starter of the Saints. They have no other Saints QB to do any comparison. I've repeatedly told them to enjoy Brees as the QB for as long as it lasts. Greatness doesn't come around often enough and you need to enjoy it.

BooBirdSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Totally depends on how the draft falls next year.

Plenty of teams have signed journeymen who they thought were going to be develop into the starter, then the right guy falls into your lap and everything changes.
Alex Smith is that you... ; )

Pat Mahomes made the Chiefs forget Smith was ever on the Chiefs roster.

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I simply dont understand this apparent want for our backup to be bad. I dont ever remember another time when people were so critical of Drew's backup. We've had some years where the backup barely had a pulse. Now we have probably one of the better backups in the league and he's routinely criticized. This is his first training camp here. 1 preseason game All of this is just premature.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom