Teddy Bridgewater locked in his future as Saints QB. (1 Viewer)

what did he have before the two minute drill? 63 yards passing? If the Vikings running back didn't fumble we would've gone into halftime with 63 yards passing.

Sportscaster Dave Moody taught me years ago that engaging in alternate realities in sports is pointless and the best thing to do is refuse to do it. They always require you to pick one "if" while disregarding an infinite amount of other "ifs".

Besides, this is a really dumb argument to be having after PS1.

Brees wasn't all that great in San Diego. Give Teddy some credit. He did great first game. Name one backup/reserve quarterback in the past that played close to what Teddy did? One thing is obviously apparent, it is going to be totally unfair for any quarterback after when Brees retire because some of you will always put that high standards to them. There will always be that unfair comparison, no matter how successful or great their numbers are.

Drew was great his last two years in San Diego. If Teddy had two years like that I'd be all for it.

How? We would have to tank to have a shot at him and the team is designed to continue to be good post-Brees.

I think without Drew we're an 8-10 win team. With him we're an 11-13 win super bowl contender.

made the pro bowl and he probably did what the Vikings asked of him. Most teams, when they have a very good running game and defense, they tend not to depend on the qb as much.

"made the pro bowl" after 10+ other QBs turned it down.

Drew was great his last two years in San Diego. If Teddy had two years like that I'd be all for it.
But still unfair because Teddy went through a serious knee injury. If it wasn't for that injury, no one would of know what he is capable of. Minnesota had a great defense when he was injured. And Teddy was on the verge of becoming one of the better quarterback in the league. So no one would of know what Teddy was capable of at that time.

This is the first time we've traded a 3rd round pick and invested an 8mil salary in a backup QB. We've been extremely cheap with backups in the past. Add onto that some people seem to want Drew to retire so this backup can start. I have no problem with Bridgewater being the backup. I wish we had a cheaper backup. My main problem comes with poeple who want to push Drew out the door for Teddy.

No one wants to push Drew out the door for Teddy. You are getting it confused. Some people just see the writing on the wall that Drew is retiring and they are projecting the future. It's pretty clear that Teddy is being kept here as more than just a backup QB.

No one wants to push Drew out the door for Teddy. You are getting it confused. Some people just see the writing on the wall that Drew is retiring and they are projecting the future. It's pretty clear that Teddy is being kept here as more than just a backup QB.

We'll see. I still think Drew could sign an extension and fans should want that because we won't be the same team without him. Teddy almost left to be the bridge quarterback in Miami so nothing is guaranteed there either. If Drew retires after this season I think Teddy will be the bridge quarterback to a draft pick. If Drew signs and extension I think Teddy leaves.

"I think without Drew we're an 8-10 win team. With him we're an 11-13 win super bowl contender."

I think that's not giving Brees near enough credit. I agree with him it's a contender. Even with Brees, many years, this team has gone 7-9. I think without him, this is a 5-6 win team at best. The razor thin margin between elite and picking in the top 10 is only an injury to your star QB away.

We'll see. I still think Drew could sign an extension and fans should want that because we won't be the same team without him. Teddy almost left to be the bridge quarterback in Miami so nothing is guaranteed there either. If Drew retires after this season I think Teddy will be the bridge quarterback to a draft pick. If Drew signs and extension I think Teddy leaves.

He could sign an extension. We do want to see Brees stay. We just don't think he will. If he does stay, yes Bridgewater is gone.

If you look at the 2015 Vikings it's no surprise why his TDs were so low. His int rate and cmp% were good.

88 is a pretty average rating... good for like 21st in the league that year. Last year it would've put him right below Andy Dalton.

That's certainly a wild card in the equation - if Drew plays another year would Teddy stick around? I don't think we can really judge it either way at this point.

We also don't really know how Teddy is going to look against starters, regular season with game planning. But to his credit, he didn't really have a pre-season last year and he said he only recently became comfortable with the offense and scheme.

There's a lot to be optimistic about but also reason to not get too ahead of it. In the near term, his value is (1) being ready if Drew is injured,(2) providing another veteran mind and eyes to the offense and film room, and (3) providing his colorful personality to this team.

Everything else can wait.

That's certainly a wild card in the equation - if Drew plays another year would Teddy stick around? I don't think we can really judge it either way at this point.

We also don't really know how Teddy is going to look against starters, regular season with game planning. But to his credit, he didn't really have a pre-season last year and he said he only recently became comfortable with the offense and scheme.

There's a lot to be optimistic about but also reason to not get too ahead of it. In the near term, his value is (1) being ready if Drew is injured,(2) providing another veteran mind and eyes to the offense and film room, and (3) providing his colorful personality to this team.

Everything else can wait.

I think he would leave because next year is when contracts are going to get difficult for us. I don't think we're going to be able to afford an 8mil backup. Drew is on the books for next year whether he plays or not. An extension would likely allow us to be able to push money back a couple years when we have a near clean cap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom