Teddy Bridgewater locked in his future as Saints QB. (1 Viewer)

Terry has been in the NFL since 2014. If there is greatness in him I spectate it would have emerged by now. He is not a rookie and should at least be improving over time?

All I see is an "OK outing" followed by an "Awful outing" cycle that so far keeps repeating.

Terry is doing quite well on Brooklyn 99. Teddy is basically a third year player, experience wise.

Terry has been in the NFL since 2014. If there is greatness in him I spectate it would have emerged by now. He is not a rookie and should at least be improving over time?

All I see is an "OK outing" followed by an "Awful outing" cycle that so far keeps repeating.

Bridgewater held on to the ball too long. He's not a rookie. A veteran in this system should be able to pull the trigger at a quicker pace......maybe not like Brees, but it should be better than what he showed. Sorry for stating facts.
Teddy had a rough game...no doubt...but he seemed to be scanning the field for open receivers and with MT not playing there wasn’t one...

Teddy had a rough game...no doubt...but he seemed to be scanning the field for open receivers and with MT not playing there wasn’t one...
That was my post after the FIRST game. He had a good stat line, but held on to the ball too long. Same thing in game two with less than flattering stats this time around.

The flip side of that argument is that if the coaching staff does feel good about him being the future, locking him in at several years whilst his value is at a low point gives us an advantage in the cap that allows us to resign key players, similar to a rookie deal or the deal we gave Drew when he was coming off of his injury. If we give him a one year deal and he takes the bull by the horns and balls out, then we're stuck giving him the biggest contract in NFL history the next year. Then we have to make hard decisions about who from this amazing roster we will have to live without.

The Market determines value and if his value is low, that's more likely a problem than an opportunity.

The Market determines value and if his value is low, that's more likely a problem than an opportunity.

Not necessarily, the market's determination of value is based on PERCEPTION and if the coaching staff has reason to believe that they know better than the market's perception, then that's an opportunity for ARBITRAGE which is basically the only way to win championships in the modern NFL. The teams that had QBs on rookie deals like the 12 Ravens, 13 Seahawks, 17 Eagles, 18 Rams arbitraged their rookie contracts to have a solid roster around those guys. The 15 Broncos arbitraged Peyton's declining QB deal, and the Patriots have been arbitraging Brady's relationship with Giselle Bundchen for most of this decade. You don't do that, you end up the Packers or Falcons with an elite QB and a trash roster around them not making they playoffs.

I’m confused as to how TB being the heir apparent to Brees became conventional wisdom - to the point that he can have a poor outing in week 17 of 2018 against a Panthers team with Kyle Allen at Qb, a decent outing in 2 quarters of play in one preseason game, and an ugly start in game 2.

No other team made a play for Bridgewater in the offseason. He’s a 7 million dollar backup and you lost a offensive spark plug like Mark Ingram over a half mil a year or so. Hill gives you more from a roster standpoint, and is a free agent after this year.

Bridgewater was OK as a starter with Minny. It’s not like he had a lifetime QBR north of 95 before the injury. His career numbers in a small context are pretty pedestrian - not even comparing to Drew Brees.

That’s not to say SP doesn’t see something that my nonprofessional eye can’t see - he may well be the guy. But to me, writing articles about how spoiled we are as fans because TB isn’t Drew Brees is silly and premature. And of course, this staff has made odd personnel decisions before that in hindsight were just plain bad, even when a majority of posters here could of predicted it in advance.

Just as an instance - How Harris was starting over Crawley week 1 of last season still perplexes me.

He is 100% correct. We are so spoiled as a fanbase. I hope it lasts!

:sir-saint:

This article...lol

Wondering if he’s got second thoughts. I guess you gotta be bold sometimes but I question whether one checkdown performance in meaningless game was the right time..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom