Teddy Bridgewater (our favorite adopted son) (1 Viewer)

Piper Aydair

Very Banned
Reaction score
Hard not to have mixed feelings about TB being in our division. Wanting him t do well but not too well.

The Panthers were 5-11 last years. Any thoughts on where you think Teddy will take them? The Panthers ran on only 38% of plays and TB was a more run oriented offense with Minn. I wonder if the team moves toward a more balanced offense or if Teddy is tasked to throw more ?

He won't get much help behind an O-line that remains suspect.

TB will be a an upgrade from Allen and the points for/against will look better but 6-10 is probably the ceiling.

Some odds makers have the Panthers over/under win total for the 2020 season at 5.5. This would put the Panthers last in the NFC South as they sit behind New Orleans (10), Tampa Bay (9), and Atlanta (7.5). The Panthers' win total ties for the lowest over/under in the league with the Jaguars, Bengals, and Redskins also sitting at 5.5.

I'd like to be more optimistic but the Panthers Free Agency rating (other than TB) is mostly a move sideways. Maybe their draft will be better.

Thoughts?

Hard not to have mixed feelings about TB being in our division. Wanting him t do well but not too well.

The Panthers were 5-11 last years. Any thoughts on where you think Teddy will take them? The Panthers ran on only 38% of plays and TB was a more run oriented offense with Minn. I wonder if the team moves toward a more balanced offense or if Teddy is tasked to throw more ?

He won't get much help behind an O-line that remains suspect.

TB will be a an upgrade from Allen and the points for/against will look better but 6-10 is probably the ceiling.

Some odds makers have the Panthers over/under win total for the 2020 season at 5.5. This would put the Panthers last in the NFC South as they sit behind New Orleans (10), Tampa Bay (9), and Atlanta (7.5). The Panthers' win total ties for the lowest over/under in the league with the Jaguars, Bengals, and Redskins also sitting at 5.5.

I'd like to be more optimistic but the Panthers Free Agency rating (other than TB) is mostly a move sideways. Maybe their draft will be better.

Thoughts?
New coaching regime with some obvious bright minds to anyone who has knowledge of the coaches they hired. 5.5 over under, I’ll take the over as many teams could do worse than cmac and the panthers wr core. Luke retiring is a humongous void as he's the best lb I’ve seen in the nfl in the past ten years. Straight beast but respect his decision as I honestly thought he was dead in the dome a couple years ago as he didn’t move for a few mins.

New coaching regime with some obvious bright minds to anyone who has knowledge of the coaches they hired. 5.5 over under, I’ll take the over as many teams could do worse than cmac and the panthers wr core. Luke retiring is a humongous void as he's the best lb I’ve seen in the nfl in the past ten years. Straight beast but respect his decision as I honestly thought he was dead in the dome a couple years ago as he didn’t move for a few mins.

I agree, Burrow's LSU make over coach joining the Panthers bodes well for TB. However new coaching also has the downside of a learning curve for the team. Especially if they shorten or cancel training and the pre season .

I agree, Burrow's LSU make over coach joining the Panthers bodes well for TB. However new coaching also has the downside of a learning curve for the team. Especially if they shorten or cancel training and the pre season .
06 season was pretty special with new coaches and basically a full team overall, jus saying lol. Happy Easter and who dat my bro

7-9. 9-7 at best.

This is where I'm at. Something like 8-8. The QB and the coaching staff appear to both be improved, but they still have a lot of question marks and issues along the trenches. They'll be better but not quite playoff good.

I see 7-9 to 8-8, but with the team optimistic and on an upward trajectory. With good personnel management over the next couple of years, they could be well positioned to try to ascend to the NFCS throne when Drew retires. Hope not, but if it's not us, I'd rather it be Teddy than the Falcons or Brady.

Last edited:
I just hope they surround the guy with beasts to make sure he stays healthy.. Always been a TB fan.. To see him come back from that horrific injury and make the strides that he's achieved thusfar is a testament to the size of heart he has.. I know it wasn't possible, but maaaan I was buckin' for him to stay a Saint.. But now that he's a Panther, eh, i'll give him 9 or 10 W's, at the most, for now.. LoL!

NW.

No way this team wins 7 or more games. They’ve lost MLB Luke Kuechly, CB James Bradberry, DT Gerald McCoy, DE Mario Addison, DT Dontari Poe, DT Vernon Butler, DE Bruce Irvin, OG Trai Turner, RT Daryl Williams, SS Eric Reid. That’s a lot of great to good to decent players gone. Combine with a rookie college coach, no off-season and a team that only won 5 games last year, it’s going to be an uphill battle.

I’m happy he’s in our division. The Panthers could have done better. Teddy is a decent player, but I don’t think he’s the difference maker many believe he is.

If anyone thinks they will win 8 or more games, I’m up for a bet?. Really like the guy, and was so happy that he was a Saint. However, that team is loaded with an awesome RB and hmm. Yeah, can’t think of anyone else right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom