Article Teddy Bridgewater Says No to South Beach (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Money doesn’t always buy happiness, at least not in Teddy Bridgewater’s world. For the second time in his football career, Bridgewater spurned his hometown city of Miami, and the Saints organization couldn’t be any more ecstatic. Bridgewater, a Miami Northwestern High School alum, surprised many when he de-committed from the University of Miami out of high school and elected to attend the University of Louisville instead.

What Does the Re-Signing of Teddy Bridgewater Mean For the Saints Going Forward

Anyone know what the "more lucrative deal" was? Because the initial reports were miami offered 2 years, 10 mil...which is more money..but not more money per year.

Anyone know what the "more lucrative deal" was? Because the initial reports were miami offered 2 years, 10 mil...which is more money..but not more money per year.
The deal was to help drive up his value to the Saints.

The deal was to help drive up his value to the Saints.

Well it only got him an extra 250k over the reported initial offer. Really we could've gone down if it was 2 years 10 mil.

I was surprised to hear Teddy was even fielding offers from Miami. I am glad he made the right choice to stay here if he had not it would have put us in a tight spot.

Teddy's contract here is for for one less year and potentially more money up to 12.5 with incentives. I wonder what the incentives are and if he would have a chance to hit them.

I was surprised to hear Teddy was even fielding offers from Miami. I am glad he made the right choice to stay here if he had not it would have put us in a tight spot.

Teddy's contract here is for for one less year and potentially more money up to 12.5 with incentives. I wonder what the incentives are and if he would have a chance to hit them.

You don't want him to get the incentives. I'm sure that means Drew missing time. He's doing fine at 7.25mil. The highest paid backup in the league and he's making more than 7 starters.

I know we don't want Drew out for even a game but I am still interested to see what the incentives are just out of curiosity.

You can bet it's playing time. Probably something like if he plays 50% of the snaps he gets 5mil.

You can bet it's playing time.

I am sure it is it really couldn't be anything else to jack it up 5 mil a year. I hope he works out we have already invested quite a bit to find out if he may be the answer. It appears we are all in with him I guess it would lean more towards Brees leaving sooner than later.

Well it only got him an extra 250k over the reported initial offer. Really we could've gone down if it was 2 years 10 mil.
I think it came down to matching the guarantee.

Saints kind of have a reputation to jump the gun or baulk. You put a little of pressure on us and we tend to blink in FA and we show our hand in how desperately we want a player. We are super impatient . Like with Fleener, Murray, or Coleman.

Money doesn’t always buy happiness, at least not in Teddy Bridgewater’s world. For the second time in his football career, Bridgewater spurned his hometown city of Miami, and the Saints organization couldn’t be any more ecstatic. Bridgewater, a Miami Northwestern High School alum, surprised many when he de-committed from the University of Miami out of high school and elected to attend the University of Louisville instead.

What Does the Re-Signing of Teddy Bridgewater Mean For the Saints Going Forward

Given my general distaste for "The U" through the years, he showed some smarts by decommitting from there. Helped his career from that moment on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom