"Teddy Checkdown" (1 Viewer)

you gotta go look at who he was throwing to back in 14/15... you cant just look at his numbers in a vacuum...

And who was in the backfield.
Adrian Peterson had one of his most productive seasons in 2015.

I don’t think you really want anything to make you feel better. Those who care may have concerns but have tried to rally behind TB. I don’t sense your are at that point yet.

For every Drew Brees, how many Heath Shulers?

Oh, sure. You saw the part where I said I wasn’t making predictions?

But there are a lot of people writing Teddy off already. Opinions and all that. I’m interested to see what he can do under Payton’s guidance. He’ll know soon enough what he has with these QBs and what the future holds for them, and so will we.

you gotta go look at who he was throwing to back in 14/15... you cant just look at his numbers in a vacuum...

2015 he had Thielen, Diggs, and Wallace as main targets. Their production was significantly better in 2016 with Sam Bradford at QB.

In any case, checkdowns should suffice this next game, as long as the game is close.

Last edited:
Oh, sure. You saw the part where I said I wasn’t making predictions?
It was just a counterpoint.

But there are a lot of people writing Teddy off already. Opinions and all that. I’m interested to see what he can do under Payton’s guidance. He’ll know soon enough what he has with these QBs and what the future holds for them, and so will we.

As many writing Taysom Hill off as QB.

I just don't think TB is the QB of the future for the Saints. I guess you could say that's writing him off.

It was just a counterpoint.

As many writing Taysom Hill off as QB.

I just don't think TB is the QB of the future for the Saints. I guess you could say that's writing him off.

I don’t see many people writing Taysom off around here.

If you don’t see Teddy as the future, what is that if not writing him off already?

I just don't think TB is the QB of the future for the Saints.

Here's a scary thought:

In the 50+ year history of the Saints, think of the list of QBs who at the time fans really felt were the Saints QB of the future.

1. Drew Brees

2. Archie Manning

Can we say Aaron Brooks? Or Bobby Hebert? Anyone else?

But certainly there is Drew and Archie. So one comes along about every 25 years? That's a scary thought.

You are kidding...

I believe I said as much.

I think there’s much more excitement about Taysom. Perhaps more for the unknown. No, I’m not kidding.

*I guess* you did.

I’ve expressed my concerns about Teddy. Agree he looked indecisive and didn’t look to play with much tempo and energy (though demeanor can be overstated). If he doesn’t improve on that, the team will struggle and he will play himself out of opportunities. I’m undecided about him.

Let’s think about this in a different way. Consider that Bridgewater has only played two complete seasons. What first/second year quarterback doesn’t rely on checkdowns? Remember, he has never had an opportunity to fully develop as a quarterback. Give him time. We’ll likely know all we need to know about him this season.

Well he needs to check it down to Kamara often.

I’m willing to give him a pass on last week. The team rightly expected to be the super bowl favorite, everything in place, then Brees goes down. We are not taking that mental oh no into account.

Now this week, Payton will have adjusted the offense to Bridgewater. He will have a whole week of him being the man, prepped and ready to go. If he still looks like garbage, I doubt Payton will stick with him that long. I’ve felt all along that Bridgewater was the guy that Brees could go and steer the ship and keep it functional. But Hill is the guy that gives Payton the tingly feels of being creative and developing something different. Bridgewater better step it up or he won’t last long

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom