Teddy Doubters - Let Go. And Yes Teddy Can Lead this Team to a Super Bowl Victory (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I understand the Teddy doubters after the 1st 2.5 games. But this young man is very special. He suffered a horrendous injury where his career was in doubt. Nearly 2 years of pure rehab then another 1.5 years getting into game shape. Can you imagine having to follow a Top 3 QB of all time with a SB caliber team? And he did. And he gained confidence in every game. And he's 3-0.

Bridgewater winning a shootout = NO WAY AT ALL!

Today, we could all see Teddy stepping into his stride. I am not saying he is near as good as Brees? Who is? Brady and maybe Montana? But Teddy made nearly every pass, that Brees uses when he is QBing the Saints. And he made beautiful passes. It is also highly probable that Teddy will get better each and every game. To top it off, SP opened the playbook, probably the most complex in the league, and Bridgewater went through his reads, rather quickly, not Brees quick, but Brees is the quickest to ever play the game. Teddy has heat on his 30-40 yarders with accuracy and touch on short passes when needed.

We as Who Dats have been traumatized by the last 2 seasons, especially the flat out cheating us out of the SB last year by the sheeps bought officials. This team came back after the past 2 year horror endings, somehow, won a game under Brees, then he goes down as the Saints played the most difficult schedule in the league. All Teddy does is win, "Just win baby!" Brees is going to come back fresh and relaxed to lead us to a SB. But we are witnessing the Saints team post Brees under Bridgewater. I think that team is capable of winning a SB. I will cry when Brees rides his pony off into the sunset, but I am also very stoked about our franchise post Brees. SP, Ireland, Loomis and all the coaches are doing one of the greatest partial season leadership jobs in recent history.

So for the Teddy doubters, you ae all Who Dats, we all bled together the last 2 years, we all looked in horror as Brees went down and it's easily understandable the doubting of Teddy after the 1st 2 games to take us deep. Well we all saw what Teddy can do now and he will get better. So time to give up the doubting. Teddy Doubters are only cheating themselves out of one of the greatest stories in the NFL over the past few years. So jump in the Teddy train, let B-train drive the train, and freaking just enjoy every moment of this great team. And a personal request... Can we limit Doubt Teddy threads to only 1,034 this week - lol.

Teddy is the type of passer that could/would thrive in this offense...people forget the type of player he was coming out of Louisville his usage as a Vikings limited him to a game manager with AP being the focal point of the offense but since coming to NO he's finally being used to his strengths as a passer.

His game managing skills allows him to not press and take what's available....he is talented enough to be the heir to Drew and carve out his own legacy with Payton as his HC....WHO DAT!

I'll have to admit that I originally thought that Teddy would be the heir apparent to Brees when we signed him.

But then I got into the frame of mind he wouldn't be what I expected him to be.

I'm happy to admit that I was wrong about the latter part of my statement.

I'm a big Teddy fan, but that is still too early to know....lots of football left....

Let's not injure our arms patting ourselves on the back. I've been in wait and see mode and patient with TB and none of that has changed. It was nice seeing him push the ball down field but just as I was not crucifying him last week for zero TD's I'm not ready to crown him this week. Just keep winning.

Very good showing by Teddy. He's gradually gaining more confidence and a comfort level with the offense. And we're getting wins along the way. I was also really glad to have Taysom get to throw a pass and not just the run option with Kamara.

Good game today. Hopefully he continues to play that way and it’s not just a product of the 31st ranked pass defense coming into town.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom