Teddy: Evaluating our favorite former Saint's first 6 games. (1 Viewer)

Ihartsaints

Very Banned
Reaction score
All of us wished Teddy well in his new role, just not TOO well.

He seemed to be progressing nicely until the wheels came off in the last game against the Bears.

Was that game the exception?

Does not help that Curtis Samuel is questionable again and their kicker situation is up in the air. (pun intended)

Obviously, Teddy will want to show Who Dats what we let slip through our fingers. I'm wondering if our pass rushers will be aggressive or muted because of their friendship with Teddy. It has to be in the back of their minds, that given a clean blind side sack, do I pull my punch or full steam the tackle and risk being the guy who reinjures a beloved former Saint.

I’ll save you the curiosity: they’re going to try and knock his block off.

There are no friends when that whistle blows. Everyone can reunite at the 50 after we are victorious, but Cam and the fellas will be looking to toss “Teddy Two Gloves” into one body bag the same way they would any other QB trying to defeat their team.

I love Teddy, too. I’d still love to see him peel his chest off the turf after an eighth sack.

Just like Teddy won’t pull any punches when it comes to attempting to shred our secondary, I don’t think our Defense will pull any punches when it comes to taking him down. Like said above, they can all be best friend after the final seconds are over and go have a beer when they leave the stadium for all I care. But as long as that clocks ticking, Teddy is the enemy!

He's looked good in a new offense, but he still has some of the same weaknesses he did here.
Pressure him and take away his first read and he will more than likely hold on to the ball too long and either throw it away or make a mistake.

I think they are a good matchup for us and I think we have the opportunity to come out refocused and take care of business.

If we come out flat against this team Sunday, I don't like the overall outlook for the rest of the season.

The Bears have an incredibly tough defense, and the Panthers are not exactly a scoring machine. Teddy panicked on the interception he threw on the Panthers' last drive, IMO, which is uncharacteristic of him, but now that he's a starter I think he's feeling more pressure to produce and that was the ultimate pressure situation (final game-on-the-line drive). Let's hope he feels the pressure against us since this game has major division leader implications. I'd love if he thinks he has to prove to Payton he made the wrong decision and forces throws because of it. I don't see us coming out flat b/c we have played well coming off bye weeks under Payton, and this is a big division game for us. Hopefully, the secondary will have corrected its communication issues and we will see our best overall team effort this season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom