Teddy left Miami w/o a deal.... [UPDATE: Re-signs with Saints][MERGED] (1 Viewer)

$7.25. Not bad at all. Sounds like we just kicked in an extra $250 K to seal it.

No one wants teddy cause the dont know what they are getting! TB has been in our system and evaluated by our coaching staff who know what they are doing.
Devante Harris got promoted to starter through our system. Yet, GameDay is a totally different thing.

Love we got this done, but only a 1 year deal. Fair deal. Teddy is smart only accepting a 1 year deal.

At this point... I rather get a rookie than be force to pay Teddy veteran QB starter money before he even take the reigns after Brees.

Doesn't make them not QB needy...and there's a rumor they'd be interested if Rosen is put up for trade.
Yeah but he's almost like a rookie. My point was they weren't going to sign anybody who's been in the league. They have a stud back and are rebuilding so they will only sign/draft a young QB.

Not matter how impossible that may be. :p
Yeah, good point. I'm not expecting him to BE Brees or anything, I just hope that if he eventually DOES get a chance here that he does well; and, if he does, that we embrace that. NOBODY'S even coming close to Drew's shoes.

I understand if we have to pay Teddy a little more than we would a Tom Savage.

But I didn't want to waste that 3rd round pick we gave up to get him.

Now Bridgewater gets a whole training camp of Payton actually teaching him his offense, without the opponent only focus of the regular season grind.

They get preseason games together to specially work on the things Teddy does good and things he don't. In a game situation with no real wins or loses attached. Give him all the preseason quarters you can.

Last edited:
Terrible move IMHO. All that money will sit on the bench (hopefully) while we could get a difference-maker at another position.

And a year from now, when we're saddled by dead money, some other team will be able to offer him a lot more.

Terrible move IMHO. All that money will sit on the bench (hopefully) while we could get a difference-maker at another position.

And a year from now, when we're saddled by dead money, some other team will be able to offer him a lot more.

I don’t think it’s a good deal for a backup QB. But what’s done is done time to move on. If this prevents us from signing guys like Cook, Ansash etc that will be very hard to swallow.

Sweet a one year deal! So we get to see if he is the future after a full offseason and regular season. And if he doesn’t look like the future maybe we can get back a pick for him during the season after a starter gets hurt. Plus with our talented roster we need a good backup since our starter is 40. Win, Win in my book!

Sweet a one year deal! So we get to see if he is the future after a full offseason and regular season. And if he doesn’t look like the future maybe we can get back a pick for him during the season after a starter gets hurt. Plus with our talented roster we need a good backup since our starter is 40. Win, Win in my book!
EXACTLY!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom