Teddy left Miami w/o a deal.... [UPDATE: Re-signs with Saints][MERGED] (1 Viewer)

Feel bad for Taysom. He is making almost nothing and taking more snaps at QB than Teddy riding the pine. I would bet that if Drew gets hurt during the season you see more Taysom than Teddy.

I don’t. Taysom is getting to play football, plays a lot of snaps all over the field, and is making a fair living doing so. He’s a RFA next year; his time to get paid for what he’s contributing is coming soon.

1 year 7.25 million all guaranteed
So his cap hit this year will be over $10 million? (Unless they have a voidable year attached). I seem to recall we restructured his deal when he came here by adding a voidable year to spread his $6 million salary to 2 years (so $3 million hitting this year already before the new contract). Steep price for a backup. SP must really like him.

Why’d they just sign a 31 year old slot receiver?
C'mon bro. Receivers and QB's are not the same. Besides, Eli will play this year while the younger guy gets groomed. No matter what a team always need a veteran presence. You can't ignore that they shipped OBJ out and you need a vet to go to and to establish your culture. They let go of a "diva" and signed a cheaper consummate pro.

Last edited:
Actually, I suspect just the opposite. One year at top backup money and then a contract for starter money the next.

The huge cap hit next year tells me that we won't have a Drew salary atop that. Instead we'll sign TB to that starter's contract with a sizable signing bonus and low salary the first year to ride out that $20M cap hit in 2020.

Reality? Your guess is as good as mine. ;)

I'm in this crowd.
The 1yr guarantee signals their strong interest in TeddyB as the replacement for Brees....and also the finale for #9.

Man I just don’t know. Doesn’t brees still have 3 seasons left in him? I think he does

This is a move to make him a starter in 2020. We aren't paying him $7.5M just to be a normal backup.

Now we have to hope he doesn't hold us over a barrel in 2020 and walk anyway.

That's the "hope" going forward... and I agree with that sentiment... I have said so before (in other threads).

I'm just pointing out that (at least this year) he's a really expensive insurance policy that we better hope we don't have to make a claim against.

I don't think so. Not unless we get him some serious weapons that can get open consistently underneath.
Well why don’t we watch the pats more. Need to run short quick routes. Brees is more accurate than Brady and Brady is gonna play 2-3 more

Pretty cool article written after TB’s rookie year

Jesus, the parallels you can draw between Brees and Bridgewater are scary (in a good way).

i guess the front office doesnt see any viable free agents coming up in the next two years, and no one really coming out in college that they can get.

i guess the front office doesnt see any viable free agents coming up in the next two years, and no one really coming out in college that they can get.
Or maybe... just maybe... Bridgewater is their guy from the moment they traded the 3rd round pick for him.
Let’s keep it simple. We traded A 3rd for Bridgewater while he was on a one year deal. And he re-signs to another 1 year deal while the team is cap strapped over a starting opportunity in his hometown. I think it’s fair to say that both the Saints and Bridgewater has a lot of faith in each other and he will have the first crack at succeeding Drew.

Or maybe... just maybe... Bridgewater is their guy from the moment they traded the 3rd round pick for him.
Let’s keep it simple. We traded A 3rd for Bridgewater while he was on a one year deal. And he re-signs to another 1 year deal while the team is cap strapped over a starting opportunity in his hometown. I think it’s fair to say that both the Saints and Bridgewater has a lot of faith in each other and he will have the first crack at succeeding Drew.
yea im saying they think he's the best option that they think they can get without overreaching and guessing. they've seen him for a year now..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom