Teddy looked A LOT like Drew against the Bucs (1 Viewer)

perret318

Runnin like a road lizard
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Rewatching the game, it's obvious to see TB's progression studying under Brees. The TD pass to Ginn was a perfect example. Instead of panic-scrambling like he was prone to do in the last few games, he calmly CLIMBED the pocket, then even though there was green in front of him, he didn't take off running, but stayed in his progression and threw a perfect Teddy-to-Teddy connection down the middle for a score. See the YT below for the play.

Even his cadence sounds like the "Blue Eighty... Fa-SET!" we're all used to hearing from #9, LOL.

Great job, Teddy! Killin it.

Teddy-to-Teddy TD: (at 5:11)

YouTube sucks! Can you provide an actual link to the video? when I click on it it says “video unavailable”. I’m on an iPhone so maybe that’s why I don’t get the “watch on YouTube link”
That happens to me all the time. Refresh the page and then click on the title at the top of the embedded video. It should take you to YouTube to view the video.

I've now watched the highlights three times and the game twice. Will probably watch the game again tomorrow morning. TB really looked like he had a full command of everything we were doing on offense on Sunday and I only expect the same or better going forward.

That happens to me all the time. Refresh the page and then click on the title at the top of the embedded video. It should take you to YouTube to view the video.
Nice trick! I had no idea. You can even just click the video title on here and it'll take you straight to youtube without having to have it blank out on you and click the "Watch on YouTube" link it inserts.

I still love that reverse the field run by Kamara. Ran to the right, was stuffed, then reversed and went to the left - first down!

In the next game, Pack/Girls, the Packers back tried that and got stuffed for nothing. The announcer said, "unless you are Barry Sanders, you just don't try that at the NFL level." I got a grin out of it.

26/34 300yrds 4TD's 1Int

If you didn't know Brees was injured you'd think "Typical Drew Brees Performance" but also Teddy Bridgewater is not a project with untapped potential but a legit NFL Starter who's career was derailed because...or....injury?...man that does sound like Drew Brees.....

On the "He went to Jared" TD... he even does the little "dip" that Drew does to freeze the Def for a split second (making them think he dropped the ball) , pops up & fires it in to Cook. That was classic Drew Brees move right there.

Rewatching the game, it's obvious to see TB's progression studying under Brees. The TD pass to Ginn was a perfect example. Instead of panic-scrambling like he was prone to do in the last few games, he calmly CLIMBED the pocket, then even though there was green in front of him, he didn't take off running, but stayed in his progression and threw a perfect Teddy-to-Teddy connection down the middle for a score. See the YT below for the play.

Even his cadence sounds like the "Blue Eighty... Fa-SET!" we're all used to hearing from #9, LOL.

Great job, Teddy! Killin it.

Teddy-to-Teddy TD: (at 5:11)

it does seem like he finally figured out brees can and is willing to teach him a lot, but only if he is willing to accept it

I rewatched the highlights last night and was really impressed with Teddy. Per his interviews he seems like our type of QB, humble, smart, and level-headed. I've not been onboard with Teddy, but am now really intrigued with his potential.

Yes I never thought I would say that Teddy looked just like Drew Brees out there. Pocket presence, accuracy, commanding the huddle.

It was something to behold.

Teddy looked great, and I was absolutely thrilled to see him throwing with confidence and unafraid to throw downfield.

And I know this will be characterized as me "hating" on Teddy, but the fact remains, Teddy looked great against the worst pass defense in the league, with their best coverage CB ejected from the game. He should look good against them, and hopefully it gives him the confidence to play the same way against better defenses.

Seemed to step up in the pocket rather than to side. Less line holding because he was working within his pocket protection. Win, win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom