Teddy needs a ride to the bike shop Friday (UPDATE: Teddy got a ride) (1 Viewer)

Yikes, I hope that doesn't mean he isn't close to anyone on the team.
Image result for debbie downer gif

Does Alvin walk to the Dome?

I remember in that GQ piece it said he did - not sure if he still does. But it's cool that young players are enjoying living downtown instead of English Turn and whatnot.
I know he did as of last year. Haven't heard anything about it since though. I wouldn't be surprised if he does. He said he liked walking and randomly encountering fans.

Also totally agree that it's nice to have so many players living in the city instead of English Turn and Destrehan. It's cool to run across players in restaurants and bars in the CBD (I met Kamara in the downtown Rouse's once) and know they're actually enjoying what makes New Orleans, well...New Orleans.

If I were making 8 million dollars I’d own my own uber driver.

Pretty sure you can't own a person. :hihi: But let's at Teddy's financial situation for 2019. He was paid a $6M signing bonus in March and he's going to make $1,250,000 in salary. That's $7.25M for 2019. Pretty good.

He's going to pay:
Taxes (combined fed and LA - 43%): $3,118,000
Agent fees: $218,000

Income after taxes and fees: $3,914,000.

Of course, Teddy is 27 and has seen how quickly an NFL career can be threatened, so he's probably wise to consider his NFL earnings as the bulk of his income for the rest of his life (and family's life presuming he and his girlfriend have children).

I don't know if he's actually conservative with his money but it sounds like he is - which is just another sign that Teddy is bright young man who has learned some valuable perspective in going through what he has gone through.

That next contract though, should take care of any and all needs :9:

Pretty sure you can't own a person. :hihi: But let's at Teddy's financial situation for 2019. He was paid a $6M signing bonus in March and he's going to make $1,250,000 in salary. That's $7.25M for 2019. Pretty good.

He's going to pay:
Taxes (combined fed and LA - 43%): $3,118,000
Agent fees: $218,000

Income after taxes and fees: $3,914,000.

Of course, Teddy is 27 and has seen how quickly an NFL career can be threatened, so he's probably wise to consider his NFL earnings as the bulk of his income for the rest of his life (and family's life presuming he and his girlfriend have children).

I don't know if he's actually conservative with his money but it sounds like he is - which is just another sign that Teddy is bright young man who has learned some valuable perspective in going through what he has gone through.

That next contract though, should take care of any and all needs :9:

Those taxes... eek

I'm sure that's not the case, but it does make you wonder why he would need to ask for a lift on Twitter...Maybe it's just his way of interacting with his fans/followers.
Very much so, I think. It would be trivial for him to call an Uber. Or just drive himself to the Dome in either a vehicle he already owns or a rental.

But it's cool that young players are enjoying living downtown instead of English Turn and whatnot.
Kenny Vaccaro was one of the first ones I remember living back downtown.

I remember when quite a few late1980s-early 1990s players used to live in Destrehan.

The generation before that had a bunch living in Metairie north of Esplanade in the neighborhoods east of Power Blvd. Jim Mora had a house in that part of Metairie as well.

As someone who bikes and hasn’t owned a car in years, it’s heartwarming to see a millionaire doing it. But yeah, joke or not, a second bike is a lifesaver.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom