Teddy question... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
So if/when Bridge signs for much more than we were paying him, do we finally get one of those elusive compensatory picks?

Depending on who else we sign, but yes it's very possible.
If he actually gets the $30M/year some have been speculating lately, it's be hard not to get a comp pick if that's on a multi-year deal. I just don't think he showed that he's worth that kind of money and don't know what people writing these articles saying he is are seeing that I'm not. We'd have to sign some mega name FA's to beat that kind of deal and not get a comp pick.

Sure would love to get one though.

I believe it's all measured in dollars though, not players. I could be wrong. The comp pick formula always confuses me.

The formula is secret. It's supposed to take into account contract, postseason honors....maybe some other things. Apart from the contract it would be helpful if Teddy had a really good season and went to the pro bowl.

The formula is secret. It's supposed to take into account contract, postseason honors....maybe some other things. Apart from the contract it would be helpful if Teddy had a really good season and went to the pro bowl.
Yeah, I know it's secret. I guess what I was getting at by saying that it's about the money more than the number of players is that if you're losing guys who are getting huge deals, they usually have all those accolades they consider that you're talking about.

Yeah, I know it's secret. I guess what I was getting at by saying that it's about the money more than the number of players is that if you're losing guys who are getting huge deals, they usually have all those accolades they consider that you're talking about.

Oh yeah definitely. Signing Tom Savage wouldn't offset losing Teddy Bridgewater. Signing someone like Chris Jones might.

Doesn't it somehow tie to money offered? Like if Teddy gets offered top QB money that will equal a 1st round pick if we don't spend any FA money on the same position? Or am I playing with playdo while they are doing DNA splicing?

If he actually gets the $30M/year some have been speculating lately, it's be hard not to get a comp pick if that's on a multi-year deal. I just don't think he showed that he's worth that kind of money and don't know what people writing these articles saying he is are seeing that I'm not. We'd have to sign some mega name FA's to beat that kind of deal and not get a comp pick.

Sure would love to get one though.

I will eat my shorts if he gets $30 mil per. That’s crazy.

So no one actually knows the formula, sort of like Coca Cola?

Groups have been trying to reverse engineer the formula for a while using past results. They have been able to project most of the picks, but there's always a few every year that didn't fit the projections.

The running theories are either the formula is so complex that the brute force method of reverse engineering isn't going to be 100%, or that the league office tweeks the formula every year to keep the predictions somewhat in doubt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom