Teddy vs Drew (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I know people are ready to make the switch, but does everybody realize in 3 of the five games that Teddy won, the Saints offense only drove for one TD in two games and none in the others. Seattle game was a punt return and blocked kick and a 20 something TD drive that was kept alive by a penalty on a FG. Jags and Cowboys games were one TD each. The narrative seems to be Teddy was lights out when in fact he was simply good and didn’t make mistakes.
If this team is going to win a Super Bowl it’s going to have to be behind Drew.

Last edited:
I know people are ready to make the switch, but does everybody realize in 3 of the five games the Saints offense only drove for one TD each. Seattle game was a punt return and blocked kick and a 20 something TD drive that was kept alive by a penalty on a FG. Jags and Cowboys games were one TD each.

I don’t think that anyone wants a switch. I just think that some fans think that the Saints get complacent with Drew at QB.

Who is ready to make the switch?!
Brees in hall of fame QB. I am grateful Teddy is our back up QB and he did play good but he is not Brees caliber and not even close.
Brees is a surgeon and field general, he is the best QB that you could possibly wish for.
Brees is a competitive, smart, he will play hard and do well.

I guess I should have made it clear I was referring to all the national talking heads on TV.

I'm really getting sick and tired of hearing about switching to TB over Drew Brees. Teddy Bridgewater is no Drew Brees - Period! No ands, ifs, or buts about it!

Drew Brees has done so much for this team since he got here. The Saints wouldn't even be a blip on the Radar Screen without him and Sean Payton! Personally, I don't care if he doesn't win another game. He deserves his spot as the starting QB for the Saints after all he's done!

Where is all this talk coming from, anyway? I get it. Most of the Fans now are very young, and don't know what its like to root for a 1-15 team. To wear bags on their heads with the word "Ain'ts" on it. What its like to be called the laughing stock of the NFL. I've personally been there, and done that.

Drew Brees is the GOAT of this league at his position - and yes, that includes Tom Brady in everything but SB wins.

TB can't hold a candlestick to Drew Brees. He is a game manager. Heck, when he was in, we couldn't score, and had to rely on the defense and ST unit to win games for us. Passes went mostly to RB's, for Heavens sakes.

I just simply don't get this talk. Why would anyone in their right minds want to pull the GOAT and go to a game manager, and call that a plus? Does anyone seriously believe that TB can take this team on his shoulders, make it better by himself, and win a SB? Seriously?

Look, I like TB as a backup QB. He's a great leader. He's really good at managing a game. But, he is no SB QB. Period.

Sorry, but I felt I needed to rant on this one. I see these posts almost every day now, and can't believe what I'm reading. I've gotten to where I don't even open up the posts anymore.

Sorry if I'm coming off too strong, but it just frustrates me that anyone would hate on Drew Brees like this. It wasn't that long ago that people were giving him the moniker of Breesus, and now they want to pull him for a game manager.

Drew Brees is not only the best Saints QB of all time, but the best QB of the NFL of all time. He has my vote for as long as he wants to play to be the starting QB of the Nawlins Saints. Nough said.

Anyone who is saying Bridgewater over Brees is looking for attention. Disregard what these people are saying/writing please.
I'm trying to, but..............

I just can't help but see this as disloyalty. Without Drew Brees and Sean Payton, this team would never have gone anywhere.

I love what Brad Pitt said in that Documentary in the Saints SB season. "Sean Payton was no QB, but he sure knew what one looked like...." talking about Drew Brees.

Now, everyone wants to pull him at the tail end of his career. What are we? The New York Giants? We are going to pull a guy because he has a bad game? C'mon.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom