Teddy vs Taysom (scheme and gameplan) (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First of all, I think a lot of people are not being fair with Teddy. You have to understand, seeing Drew out is a letdown not only for us. It is harder for the coaches and players.

Teddy had an impossible task yesterday. Specially playing against Rams and Refs at the same time. The shot of energy we needed was once again taken away by the zebras.

Teddy is cool headed, steady. That is why he is perfect to be #2 behind Drew. He can keep the boat floating. We all know what we have in him. There is another thing that goes well for Teddy, and that is the game plan. Teddy can play the same game plan as Drew.

If there is hope that Drew can return, then we may keep Teddy and the same scheme going.

Taysom requires to adapt the offense to him. In Taysom, we will see an offense similar to the Ravens and Panthers.

If Drew is out for the year, and if we have a chance to change the scheme. I think Taysom is the guy to go with. But, do we really have time to adjust the scheme to Taysom's game? This is a serious question to consider.

There are several factors to consider around the decision. It is not only about the player we prefer.

I don't see changing the scheme for a several games for Hill and change it back if Drew is returning for the second half of the season.

This is going to be an interesting debate between Mickey Loomis, Sean Payton, Pete Carmichael and Joe Lombardi.

Teddy is cool headed, steady.
I saw nothing from him yesterday to say this. I saw a sulking, unprepared QB who wasn't big enough for the moment.

Yeah, that may change with a week of the game plan being tailored for him, but, no, he can't just step in and run the same offense as Drew. That was made apparent yesterday.

And in the preseason, Hill didn't run an offense that was adapted for him and out-performed TB by a mile. Especially in the leadership category.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom