Teen gets drunk in TX, kills 4 people, and gets no jail time. [OLD THREAD REVISITED] (1 Viewer)

I usually avoid law, politics, etc. but...

But a judge sentenced him to ten years of probation after his lawyers argued that he was a victim of his family's wealth.

I'm having trouble intelligibly responding to this because it's so preposterous. So if he was such a victim of his family's wealth, why is he simply given 10 years probation and just sent back to this "unfortunate" means of living? I understand not throwing this kid into the prison system but there's gotta be something of more substance than 10 years probation.

As one of the analysts on that article said, "if you want 'just', don't walk into the halls of justice."

I'll gladly take his money if he can't handle the burden. :idunno:

Affluenza? Is there no vaccine for that?

This is the same state that takes such great pride in their execution rate (often regardless of actual guilt status)?

If he was black he would have been given ____.

there are plenty enough injustices that are due to race that there is no reason to water down the topic by trying to force everything into that category. It is counter productive to the cases that belong there beyond a doubt. This is first and foremost about $$$$ and influence and even bribery would be my guess.

I just saw this story and I am beyond disgusted. There is only one thing they could do to make this remotely OK, they should put the parents in jail. I hope the families of the victims sue the crap out of them, perhaps that will cure them of affluenza.

What crap parents. They ruined their precious little snowflake by spoiling him and never correcting him in any fashion, and then use that same idiocy to defend him when his actions robbed others of their very lives. I hope all four families involved sue them for everything they can get. What an asinine situation.

Is affluenza contagious? Looks like the judge might've picked up a dose.

Sad,

Judge has a fat wallet now. Or should I say a 'fatter' wallet?

Should be strung up on a tree and left for public display.

They won't have to worry about the horrible burden of their wealth much longer...

Named as defendants in the suit are Ethan Couch, his father Fred Couch, his mother Tonya Couch and Cleburne Metal Works LLC, known as Cleburne Sheet Metal.

Fred and Tonya Couch are included as defendants, according to the petition, because they allowed their son to drive the truck without adult supervision, despite the restrictions on his license, and they failed to adequately supervise the teenager who had already been charged with two alcohol-related offenses before he turned 16.
- See more here

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom