Tell Me About Dan Riley (2 Viewers)

Honestly, I never was impressed with him at LSU and hoped like hell that we would not draft him. I feel like he was forced into the linebacker role because safety was so loaded and he couldn't beat those guys out. Having Jones as an undersized LB is one thing, but I don't know how well it'll work fielding an entire group of undersized LB's.

I wish him well personally because he's an LSU alum, but hope you guys suck so bad that you make Carolina's post-Super Bowl failure of a season look like a winner.

And, yeah, it's Duke, not Dan. I didn't even know that was his real name (if it even is...I haven't checked but assume you got that from his draft profile or something.)

EDIT: Just checked and his real name is Duke. Named after his father. Might want to change that Dan thing in the title and OP or you'll really get roasted lol.

I'd like to ditto this. Nothing about him ever really popped out at me. Thought he was a little on the smallish side. But apparently that's what you guys want over there in ATL. He's fine if unblocked, more finesse than anything but if you put your hands on him... bye bye. Out of the play.

Saints fans, as a rival Falcon and Georgia Bulldog fan, I know very little about LSU alum Duke Riley besides the obvious that he looks good in highlights just like every other player does. I don't watch nearly as many college games as I do NFL.

Falcons fans on our boards seem to think we just drafted Deion Jones 2.0 since he did replace him at LSU and has similar combine numbers. I hope they are right but I am curious to hear from objective fans who may have watched him in college. What are your thoughts?

He's a good player. Diagnoses plays quickly, fast to the ball, excellent in pursuit. Not very good at taking on and disengaging blocks. If I were y'all, I'd have him on the weak side so he can chase rather than take on blocks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom