Tell Me About Dan Riley (1 Viewer)

Falconfanatic365

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Saints fans, as a rival Falcon and Georgia Bulldog fan, I know very little about LSU alum Duke Riley besides the obvious that he looks good in highlights just like every other player does. I don't watch nearly as many college games as I do NFL.

Falcons fans on our boards seem to think we just drafted Deion Jones 2.0 since he did replace him at LSU and has similar combine numbers. I hope they are right but I am curious to hear from objective fans who may have watched him in college. What are your thoughts?

aka Duke Riley

Dan Riley sounds like a local news reporter or something

Honestly, I never was impressed with him at LSU and hoped like hell that we would not draft him. I feel like he was forced into the linebacker role because safety was so loaded and he couldn't beat those guys out. Having Jones as an undersized LB is one thing, but I don't know how well it'll work fielding an entire group of undersized LB's.

I wish him well personally because he's an LSU alum, but hope you guys suck so bad that you make Carolina's post-Super Bowl failure of a season look like a winner.

And, yeah, it's Duke, not Dan. I didn't even know that was his real name (if it even is...I haven't checked but assume you got that from his draft profile or something.)

EDIT: Just checked and his real name is Duke. Named after his father. Might want to change that Dan thing in the title and OP or you'll really get roasted lol.

Anyone know why saints don't look @ LSU defensive players in the draft much at all if any? It has seem to work out well for Arizona and as recent as Atlanta with Deion Jones in the second round. Just kinda werid a lot of these players are in our own back yard.

I was like "Who the **** is Dan Riley?"

Anyone know why saints don't look @ LSU defensive players in the draft much at all if any? It has seem to work out well for Arizona and as recent as Atlanta with Deion Jones in the second round. Just kinda werid a lot of these players are in our own back yard.

Its not that they don't look at them , but they just haven't fallen to Saints where the team thinks drafting that particular player is good value. They usually just try to get best value at the time, and it just hasn't panned out for a while now

LMAO!!!!!!!!:no::mwink: Silly Falcon fan doesn't even know the players name his team drafts....:covri::angryrazz:

Ha! I deserve that but in fairness we just drafted him and I did get his name right in the discussion. If he's anything like his LSU predecessor Deion Jones I won't be able to forget his name by this time next year.

If he makes the team he'll probably be a special teams player.

I could be wrong but I doubt he beats anybody out and starts.

Honestly, I never was impressed with him at LSU and hoped like hell that we would not draft him. I feel like he was forced into the linebacker role because safety was so loaded and he couldn't beat those guys out. Having Jones as an undersized LB is one thing, but I don't know how well it'll work fielding an entire group of undersized LB's.

I wish him well personally because he's an LSU alum, but hope you guys suck so bad that you make Carolina's post-Super Bowl failure of a season look like a winner.

That's tough to hear but great feedback and what I was looking for. Thanks

I was really impressed with Riley last year. Dude made tremendous strides under Aranda.

Great to hear, like Deion Jones he was only a 1 year starter so hopefully he just never had the chance to shine until last year with other great LBs like Jones in front of him.

Think Jonathan Casillas. Now think Jonathan Casillas if he were smaller and less athletic. That's pretty much Duke Riley.

probably still a sour taste of al woods pick.

Ha! I deserve that but in fairness we just drafted him and I did get his name right in the discussion. If he's anything like his LSU predecessor Deion Jones I won't be able to forget his name by this time next year.
Ok well he isn't DeBo.

Not close. He is a solid backup at best but not starting material out the gate.

It was pretty evident early that Jones had "it". Duke, while he played, just didn't have the same factor.

So you aren't getting a second Debo Jones. You got Duke Riley.

The cat that is replacing them this year...may be Debo 2.0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom